carrot cake beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_d_

Reaction score
At GABF last night, I tried a carrot cake beer from shorts brewing. It was the strangest beer I've tasted and tasted exactly likeyhe real thing.

Does anyone have a recipe for something like this? I'd very interested to see how it was done.

If you approach it like a pumpkin beer (where the spice is the key) you shouldn't need to go too complicated on the base beer.

Nice neutral yeast, keep the bitterness right down and a fairly malty base and you should be good to do. Could use some carrot in the mash or boil I suppose.

Revvy recently posted a beer that uses real ginger snap cookies. Best way is to strip down the ingredients and see what the flavours are. Id personally say you want a sweet beer with carrot, vanilla and.cinnamon. biscuit and honey malts sound good too!

I also had the carrot cake from Shorts at GABF; one of my favorite beers of the show. I'm ordering ingredients to brew it now and have included a cream cheese flavor extract from faerie's finest on my list. I found this on Amazon. I also plan on boiling up some lactose for the secondary. I don't know how all this will come out, but I need to have five gallons of that carrot cake beer in my house. It was incredible.

SandMbrewery said:
I also had the carrot cake from Shorts at GABF; one of my favorite beers of the show. I'm ordering ingredients to brew it now and have included a cream cheese flavor extract from faerie's finest on my list. I found this on Amazon. I also plan on boiling up some lactose for the secondary. I don't know how all this will come out, but I need to have five gallons of that carrot cake beer in my house. It was incredible.

Hey SandMbrewery - we have this brotherly contest going on and you're not going to beat me by giving me clues to what you're putting in your beer. All grain will prevail.

"We are better than walking!" ~ bigDbrew

Back