can a soda bar gun dispense beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jester5120

Reaction score
i got a free brand new bar gun from my neighbor today and we were trying to figure out if i could push beer through it. The main concern is that soda is typically pushed through there at around 55psi and the lines going into the gun are pretty tiny. Any thoughts on if this is doable?

He also hooked me up with 3 chiller plates one of which will become a jockey box.

Don't those have a mixer on them? If you can remove that you might be alright. But if it is one that has a mixer the beer will come out all foam.

I know the question is about dispensing from the soda deal but I say that a few bucks for a party tap is much better.

rollinred said:
I know the question is about dispensing from the soda deal but I say that a few bucks for a party tap is much better.

yeah. A picnic / party tap is pretty cheap.

The gun is a premix. I have picnic taps hooked up right now but i thought maybe i could run multiple kegs to this gun and have the gun mounted outside the kegerator. it might not be worth it or useful i just thought it sounded like a cool idea and all the stuff was free

no, it seemed like a lot of extra work for really no reason other than just curiosity. I guess i looked at it as a "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
situation, the faucets i have work great and i like the looks of them more than the bar gun. I still have it if anyone wants to give it a shot

Back