New Belgium's Blue Paddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdon

Reaction score
I am from Fort Collins and have become a pretty big fan of most New Belgium brews. In my opinion none of the year round brews have lived up to one of thier oldest, the Blue Paddle Pilsener Lager.

I am not sure about the distribution of Blue Paddle but anyone who has tried it please reply with your thoughts! :mug:

I prefer 1554 and Sunshine to Blue Baddle, personally.

I remember in college we'd do the tasting tour and we'd do each sample down the line, after the Blue Paddle, we all thought it tasted like swamp water to the point where we'd slam the sample to get it over with. On it's own it's not too bad, I think after all those other flavors I didn't care for it on the tour.

I am glad you like it though! My father really likes it too, always has a six pack in his fridge. Just not my style I guess.

You tried to clone it? I remember seeing what seemed to be a pretty solid recipe on here (I think).

im not a big pilsener fan. its one of the better pilseners ive had, but its just not my style. my sister and dad love it though. definitely better then a mother**** wit. had that when it first came out at the brewery and if you want to talk about swamp water look no further.

out of the year rounds ill pick an abby.

edit: this was the first time i swore on this forum. lol, i thought everyone was censoring themselves. i didnt know there was a filter.

guess we cant talk about ****zu dogs

Yea I can see the tour possibly making some of the flavors seem off. It may also be that this was one of the first beers I had from New Belgium.

I definitely agree about the mothership wit, not my favorite either. As for Abby, that is actually one of the only New Belgium brews I havent had yet. I will have to pick it up sometime!

Back