3 body regulator, 6 taps. WYE at reg or use distributors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marubozo

I can has homebrew?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey gang, question. I'm going to be running 6 kegs in my keezer and right now I'm just working with a three body regulator which will run three kegs. Ideally I am looking to be able to serve at potentially three different pressures with two kegs on each. Here's the setup now:

regulator4.jpg

So, I was thinking about how to accomplish this and I first thought about putting a wye in where the check valves are now and then have two valves right at the source and run the gas that way. But then I thought maybe I could leave the regulator alone and run 3 lines each into a 2-way air distributor and feed the hoses to the kegs from the distributors.

I know both will work just fine, but I'm wondering about cost and ease of use. Obviously, buying three brass wyes and three more check valves is probably going to be cheaper. The valves are just about 8 bucks a piece, so including the other parts probably $40 total. But looking at 2-way distributors they are around $22 each, so three of those is going to run nearly $70.

Clearly, it's probably easier to create a nice streamlined hose system with the regulators mounted on the side of the keezer and running shorter lines to the kegs to keep things cleaner. But is that worth the premium? I'm asking because I don't know what it's going to be like when I have 6 kegs in there and hoses running every which way. For those of you who have been down this road before I'm sure you have some experience that would sway you one way or the other.

So, just looking for opinions. Thanks!

I'm doing the same thing you want to do with these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93979

I don't want to T it off after the valve. I'll end up back flowing beer from one keg to another. If I have two different check valves, I'll save myself of mixing my dunkel with my belgian. Not that it wouldn't taste good, but I don't want a keg full of the mix.

B

Back