Hello all beer lovers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameswag

Reaction score
Ive brewed 8-10 batches of beer, and I'm learning along the way. The recipes I've used are out of the Clone Brews book and have had great luck. I have also just read "The complete handbook of home brewing", by Dave Miller and recommend it to all.
Has anyone ever primed with honey. I just got this amazing honey from Mexico and want to prime with it. Honey has a similar gravity as corn sugar and should work I guess. Please respond to email [email protected]
Thanks, James.

Welcome aboard James!

I've only ever brewed with honey, so I'm not sure if you can use it for priming beer. I'm sure if someone has done it they will fill you in on amounts and such.:mug:

Unfortunately, there are no standards that govern honey's sugar content or fermentability, so it will be nigh on impossible to get the amount correct to properly condition your beer. Honey is best used in the brew and allowed tro ferment (which takes a long time) and then prime with corn sugar or DME.

-walker

Back