Report I did on sake brewing and biotechnology in brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SakeBrew

Reaction score
Hey brewers,

I hope you will find this report interesting. Sake brewing has some similarities to beer brewing in the processing and whilst most of you guys may be primarily interested in beers, you could still end up learning a thing or two (even though this is about sake).

With this report it would be nice if I could get just one or two guys interested in sake brewing. Enjoy :)

Link: Sake brewing report

Please post back and let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,
Claes Nilsson

EXCELLENT Report! Got a little technical for me (non-engineer/non-science guy), but I throughly enjoyed reading through it. I tried brewing Sake about three years ago and royally f*#$# it up. I messed up the koji growing part somehow, probably because I had no idea what I was doing. Thanks for the new website (Sakebrew) that I can now comb through and take a stab at trying again. You (Sakebrew), should write an article outlining the process of brewing a simple batch of sake (with lots and lots of pictures, because ZOMG we all love pictures), and submit it to the article thread for homebrewtalk, if they pick it up you get a free year premium membership.

EXCELLENT Report! Got a little technical for me (non-engineer/non-science guy), but I throughly enjoyed reading through it. I tried brewing Sake about three years ago and royally f*#$# it up. I messed up the koji growing part somehow, probably because I had no idea what I was doing. Thanks for the new website (Sakebrew) that I can now comb through and take a stab at trying again. You (Sakebrew), should write an article outlining the process of brewing a simple batch of sake (with lots and lots of pictures, because ZOMG we all love pictures), and submit it to the article thread for homebrewtalk, if they pick it up you get a free year premium membership.

Wow, thank you Mark! The report was written for a common biotech guy, so I can understand that it must be difficult if you don't have a background within engineering/science. I am glad that you still enjoyed reading through the report. Sake brewing is really difficult without proper guiding and the amount of labour that some guides require you to do is simply insane. Growing fungi can be really difficult if you want a good result. Also thanks for your suggestions, I will try to make a really simple article that outline the brewing process - I love pictures too :)

Subscribed for a later read.. Looks interesting!

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay, I hope you will find it interesting.

Back