Phoenix area - anyone up for a get together this weekend??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So rumor has it that shecky, wyldjim, & AZ_IPA may all be in Phoenix on Friday....

Any of you Phoenicians up for a beer somewhere? Papago? Four Peaks?

Of course with it being New Years, thus DUI taskforces in abundance - it will be a calm, quick event...

My vote is Papago. I can get a place nearby so I can walk back to hotel if need be. Four Peaks is also an option. Probaly get into town 6-7 pm ish:D

When are we talking? Friday night? Sat. night? Sunday? I'll be sure to show up wherever. However, I do have a dinner date with the wife for my birthday on Sat. night.

shecky's at the Fiesta Bowl Saturday night....

so maybe Friday night? Relatively early? I'll likely be ringing in the New Year up in Anthem....

If this happens, I should be able to work out transportation for you.....

(pick you up, give you a ride, etc.....didn't sound right ;) :D)

You can ride on the back of Jim's Harley in the rain ;)

I won't be riding after 2 beers:( That's why I'm trying to find a place close by.

Please keep up:D

Cab would be doable. But, I don't see being up too late. Shecky needs his beauty sleep. :D

Of course, now that I've said that....

Where is everyone staying? I have a "house warming" party at my place tonight (Thurs) you guys can crash, but I live in Chandler near the south 202 loop & McQueen.

Where is everyone staying? I have a "house warming" party at my place tonight (Thurs) you guys can crash, but I live in Chandler near the south 202 loop & McQueen.

I was planning to stay at motel 6. Coming in late Friday afternoon. Just making sure no ice on the roads over mountains.

I could meet up at Papago friday early afternoon, I work 1/2 a block from there and I get out at 4pm, I have a dinner date with the wife in the evening, but if its right after work I could make Papago or Four Peaks for a quick beer!

I can't really commit to a time/place yet - blizzard is pretty bad now....

But, assuming the weather happens the way they are predicting - I could probably be to Papago by ~4:30pm...

I could meet up at Papago friday early afternoon, I work 1/2 a block from there and I get out at 4pm, I have a dinner date with the wife in the evening, but if its right after work I could make Papago or Four Peaks for a quick beer!

I'll commit to meeting azscoob at Papago at 4pm for a few beers. I can hang out until people arrive, however long it takes.

Well at this point the weather sounds terrible. Still planning to make the trip, but icy conditions in the mountains right now:(

I was planning to get in a little late. But since you guys are shooting for 4 I'll see if I can get an earlier start.

how's your trip looking az?

The weather here was **** today, but my work is so close to Papago, I could make the trip on foot in my kilt in a blizzard. I will be there with Soper at 4pm-ish I may need to finish up a few cars for the end of the year inventory list, but I wont be much later than 4:30pm.

It looks like the high for the weekend is 50? It wasn't actually snowing in phx was it ?

It looks like the high for the weekend is 50? It wasn't actually snowing in phx was it ?

I saw a few flakes floating around today. I wouldn't say it was snowing, though.

I'm planning on being there one way or another. AZ just texted me telling me his power is out due to snow. Could be iffy for him.

AZ just texted me telling me his power is out due to snow. Could be iffy for him.

I'm still gonna give it the ol' college try tomorrow...

Snow is done - it's just colder than hell.....but, they did plow my road - so considering I'm the only house on the road - to me that's a sign that other roads have been taken care of...

Consider me in @ Papago around 4pm....

I saw a few flakes floating around today. I wouldn't say it was snowing, though.

I'm planning on being there one way or another. AZ just texted me telling me his power is out due to snow. Could be iffy for him.

Yes, well we always knew he was a lil iffy:D

Another SD Bowl game I'm glad i didn't get tickets to...Friging cold here. The main point is I don't want to get stuck with the bike in icy conditions:(

I've seen I-8 get shut down over the mountains with no warning. I thought AZ was supposed to be hot.

Sending my cell to you and AZ

I've seen I-8 get shut down over the mountains with no warning. I thought AZ was supposed to be hot.

Sending my cell to you and AZ

Got your number wyld....

Be safe on the drive tomorrow - I'm not sure how bad roads will be, but it's cold at **** here....I would imagine the passes will be bad....

Indeed, speed safely Wyld, I hate the 8, when I head to SD I take the 10 out and cut through Hemet on beaumont then bolt down the 15. that sand dune drive puts me to sleep, and I always miss the turn to head to Maricopa on the return trip!

Well, it looks like this trip isn't happening for me:(

I am really bumbed, but the weather is not cooperating for me. Beside being arse cold, I'm looking at freezing rain on the way back:(

I like taking a bike ride in the desert this time of year. I don't remember ever having weather like this:(

sorry guys, have a bells for me;)

Bells it is! Catch you next time Wyldjim. I'm getting ready to head to Papago now. I'll be wearing a tan hat that says AZ craft brewers guild, a light blue t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

FYI. I just called Papago & they are closing early at 5pm! However, Four Peaks in Tempe is open until 2am. We'll have to meet, have a quickie & maybe head to Four Peaks or elsewhere.

Good meet up - glad soper, shecky, and azscoop could make it :mug:

Wish I could find the "How Many HBT'ers have you met" thread so I could update :drunk:

It was indeed good to meet you guys, I just wish I could have hung out a bit longer! now to start up my HBTers I have met list

Back