some sierra nevada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really want to get close, SNPA uses Magnum for bitter, perle and cascade for flavor/aroma. 8lb. LME and about a half lb of crystal 10 for steeping should do it. Been a long time since I did the extract so I may be a bit off.

Check out my recipe here. It's pretty darn close to SNPA but I used nugget instead of magnum. Also, I'm not sure if SNPA dry hops but I did and it turned out awesome.

Dry hopping with Cascade definitely adds to the hoppy aroma. The recipe I used called for 1 oz. I would go with .5 oz next time.

Biermuncher posted a really good SNPA he calls Nearra Sevada however it is AG.

***Edit I see Beerific posted the link above***

Sierra Nevada uses 60L crystal, .5 pounds steeped for 15 to 30 minutes should do it, and enough LME to reach 5.5 % alcohol. Magnums at 60 minutes, Pearle at 20 minutes, cascades at 5 minutes and two ounces cascades at flameout, SN doesn't dry hop their pale ale they use a heavy dose at the end of the boil instead.

Back