Simcoe and Amarillo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of anywhere that has these in stock? Brewing in 10 days and I would like to find a pound of each. Been digging around and haven't seen them anywhere.
Thanks!

I just bought two pounds of amarillo last Friday from Freshops.com. He doesn't have simcoe, though- at least not yet.

Not by the pound. We've got one store here that has Amarillo, but you're limited to 4oz. I've not seen Simcoe ANYWHERE. There are commercial breweries that can't get any of that.

Thanks, Yooper, for the info on Amarillo.

Seems rare as hen's teeth once again this year. Ordered a pound from Freshops. Still have 6 oz. of Simcoe vac sealed in the freezer from last year.

Good luck everyone.

:mug:

Last time I was in Steinbarts (~2 weeks ago) in Portland, OR, they had 2011 Simcoe pellets for ~$25/lb. There is also a guy who posts over at Tastybrew, Blueraidergrad, who still has some lbs of 2011 Simcoe pellets.

I don't think pellets of 2012 crop have hit the market yet. Amarillo can be found a couple places so far, but I haven't seen the 2012 Simcoe crop yet anywhere.

Back