Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missing link said:
At some point I'll finish the back of the bar but I need to find a job first.....

When I'm done the kegerator will be hidden in an Oak cabinet to match the front of the bar.

Feel free to stop by, I'm only 3 miles north of M-59 in Highland.

Linc

Heck, my in-laws live in Milford. I'm up there usually at least twice a year. I'll have to give you a shout next time I'm up.

Kegerator_002.jpg

DSCN1472e.jpg

Because I'm poor, I built my tower and handles and got the used beverage cooler for cheap. But I just finished it, and when the blueberry ale is done its going into keg number 2!

Dave the Brewer said:
Because I'm poor, I built my tower and handles and got the used beverage cooler for cheap. But I just finished it, and when the blueberry ale is done its going into keg number 2!

Dude nothing wrong with that one at all. Nice! job on the tower. you got the specs on it in case anyone else around here is interested in doing the same. I have to say that your design would look great in my kitchen.

Oh and you are not Poor, your a Homebrewer!

Dave the Brewer said:
Well, the end results certainly don't look "poor!" I'm guessing your cooler is a little bigger than the Sanyo fridge many of us use, how many kegs can you fit in there?

Just finished building mine today. Hoping MLK was a beer drinker and would approve of my celebration methods. Here are some shots of the project and finished keezer.

y1pwA-M09OLN_9253DaAtZCMki667680zSiiBSLR5y2GWB1C4JA8rgtfPf4L4W9UAWZK0BT2LX5EQI

y1pwA-M09OLN_-ID-ggR_gle30NqQvePHVccR_w_bJN5dVaQyof75w-hc9kNvZ_Rqw60ZIXTVlkgDY

y1pwA-M09OLN__JrycNDIiyfMYrRtiNS_qfWUSfiGb_Ads-VIm7CTrPbxqWPkhXIFQsMS1hhrV9Su0

y1pwA-M09OLN_9cSr_cjvgQGu6nE1p5yhJGNqVxhmjnVd03taxGYSoJGpribLT_xDPSwhHY8tm2T_4

BlindLemonLars said:
Well, the end results certainly don't look "poor!" I'm guessing your cooler is a little bigger than the Sanyo fridge many of us use, how many kegs can you fit in there?

It holds 2 kegs and a 5 lb co2 tank very comfortably. I only spent $220 on my set up (my girlfriend bought me one of the kegs) , I just so happen to get a deal on everything else. I built the tower out of 4" aluminum pipe that I put a brushed finish on to match the door to the kegerator. I also made the handles out of wood that I turned on a portable belt sander that was set on its back. This is another picture with out the second keg because blueberry ale will be ready tomorrow. :ban:
Getting ready for the superbowl :mug:
DSCN1473e.jpg

For those with a stand up kegerator in the 15 cu.ft. range (the fridge part only): How many kegs can you fit in it? With or without a CO2 tank? Would there be room for let's say 4 kegs and a carboy?

Dave the Brewer said:
DSCN1472e.jpg

Very nice setup! I'm definitely jealous!

What is that gadget you have with the bacardi and other bottles? Is it an auto or free pourer?

Hey Dave I was wondering what brand of mini fridge your using? I really like your setup.

Thanks

Dave the Brewer said:
It holds 2 kegs and a 5 lb co2 tank very comfortably. I only spent $220 on my set up (my girlfriend bought me one of the kegs) , I just so happen to get a deal on everything else. I built the tower out of 4" aluminum pipe that I put a brushed finish on to match the door to the kegerator. I also made the handles out of wood that I turned on a portable belt sander that was set on its back. This is another picture with out the second keg because blueberry ale will be ready tomorrow. :ban:
Getting ready for the superbowl :mug:
DSCN1473e.jpg

ddoherty said:
What is that gadget you have with the bacardi and other bottles? Is it an auto or free pourer?

Its a liquor dispenser/carousel it holds 6 bottles of liquor, you lift the bottom and it dispenses one shot evenly.

Lukus said:
Hey Dave I was wondering what brand of mini fridge your using? I really like your setup.

Its a Magic Chef Wine Cooler, I bought it used from someone locally. I'm not sure how much it is new, but I don't think it is too expensive.

Thanks Guys!:fro:

So one year ago from next week, Best Buy had the 4912 on sale..
From what i've been told, they have them on sale only twice a year..
Is next week the week? God I hope so. :)

i don't have one but if we liked you in my air force unit and you were retiring, we gave you a kegerator with a 30 mm polished a-10 round for the tap handle. it was sick. i wish i had a picture to show you guys.

nick

Bulls Beers said:
Is a piece of wood the best way to prop up the Co2 tank in the sanyo?It seems there's not that much space..

I think that's the best way if you want the tank inside the fridge. I run the airline through the drain hole and leave the tank outside--for me it's more manageable and where I keep my kegerator it isn't unsightly.

That True is the same as mine, minus the woodgrain. You can get a LOT of corys in there. I may have to add another tower to it in the future. If you don't have a key you can pick one up from a cabinet lock as long as it fits inside the keyhole. You have to take the lock out of the kegerator and file the tumblers with the key in it so nothing is sticking up. You may have to wash out the lock in order to get the key in, mine was gummed up with old beer. I keep mine on the front porch so locking it is necessary to keep kids out of it. I've only had it running for a month and it's already my favorite piece of furniture.

Keith

DSCN2860.jpg

capcrnch said:
So one year ago from next week, Best Buy had the 4912 on sale..
From what i've been told, they have them on sale only twice a year..
Is next week the week? God I hope so. :)

Or not.

Maybe next week.

Here's my recently (mostly) completed keezer.. I still need to figure out how to bring the Wunder Bar wand outside the unit, and I have not connected the water line for the carbonator either. I can definitely fit 4 cornys, as well as my carbonator (minus booster pump; we have good water pressure here), 5lb CO2 tank, regulator, and a box of syrup. I could probably stuff the booster pump in there if I ever need it.

10CF Danby, circa 1996?(ish). I put a 2 tap chrome draft tower on top, from Simgo up here in Canada.

DSCN7216small.JPG

Here's a bigger version, and an inside shot.

http://www.apcforum.net/files/DSCN7216.JPG
http://www.apcforum.net/files/DSCN7217resized.JPG
http://www.apcforum.net/files/DSCN7219.JPG

2244016846_34d6680ff3.jpg

SWMBO painted in on there. Man I love her.
2244034544_7588338de4.jpg

Two Kegs of Lazy Magnolia, Roomates homebrews were gone before Superbowl! (One on right isn't re-tapped yet)

Hoping to upgrade the faucets and maybe add another keg and finally get the platform sized out. It's great as long as I can keep it stocked!

Mine. This works for now but a chest freezer is on the wish list.
kegerator1.jpg

A tight fit. Four kegs with gas outside and maybe 12 bottles packed in.
kegerator2.jpg

rsz_1DSC01515.jpg

rsz_1DSC01525.jpg

Still a work in progress. Since I'm still in an apartment, I couldn't decide between a lagering fridge and a kegerator, so I tried to do both. The fridge itself was free on craigslist :mug:, but I thought a ridiculous paint job and 3" casters were manditory if I'm to have this thing in my bedroom! Eventually I'll probably get another fridge for lagering, but as for right now, I'll just have to plan the temperature craftily when serving/doing multiple batches.

-Biber

biberbauer said:
Still a work in progress. Since I'm still in an apartment, I couldn't decide between a lagering fridge and a kegerator, so I tried to do both. The fridge itself was free on craigslist :mug:, but I thought a ridiculous paint job and 3" casters were manditory if I'm to have this thing in my bedroom! Eventually I'll probably get another fridge for lagering, but as for right now, I'll just have to plan the temperature craftily when serving/doing multiple batches.

-Biber

HOLY PICTURE BATMAN!

mrfocus said:
For those with a stand up kegerator in the 15 cu.ft. range (the fridge part only): How many kegs can you fit in it? With or without a CO2 tank? Would there be room for let's say 4 kegs and a carboy?

Mine fits right at 4 corny kegs + 1 carboy, but it might be a squeeze to put the gas inside the fridge with that much in there. Maybe a 5 lb. tank, but if you've got 4 kegs, chances are you'll have at least a 10 pounder and a manifold, and I think that'd be hard to swing in a 15 cu ft top&bottom.

-Biber

its finally finished! i used a frigidare 22ish cu. ft. commercial freezer. i found it on craigslist for a song, of course! six ventmatics on SS shanks. the floor of the freezer has room for 6 5g cornys, and i'll be building a shelf above to hold more kegs for conditioning or for lagering! i plumbed the gas in the back through the drain spout. haven't had a problem with condensation yet (living in CO helps). right now i'm using 5/16" brass barb tees for distributing the co2, but when $$ permits i'll be building a 6 reg bank that i'll mount to the inside wall. i love the look of the SS backsplash / driptray on the front, but trying to drill a hole through that was an amazing pain in the ass!! i bought a 7/8" step bit for $55, and proceeded to destroy it almost immediately. after calling around for a while i found a machine shop that was between jobs that put it on their super awesome computer controlled drill press. he used a cutting bit that he lined up on the center of the hole, then pushed the button and the bed where the the drip tray was attached moved in a circle to cut the hole. man i really want one of those! i had him cut 7/8" holes but those were just barely big enough to screw the shanks in, so i enlarged them a bit with the dremel so they slide in easily. now i just need to brew enough beer to fill the kegs!!

keg1.jpg

keg2.jpg

keg3.jpg

SenorWanderer said:

Dude! You are severly falling down on the job! Get to brewing! Those cornies can be secondaries too you know!

Looks nice, 6 brews on tap would just about fit all needs... :rockin:

2247993488_d5f5642097.jpg

Das Bierkasten is her name. I am no carpenter and I am very proud of this project. I used cedar 2x's for the inner frame and then clad the exterior with 1x whitewood.:D It's setup to expand to a total of 6 faucets. She's a 16 cubic foot Whirlpool controlled by a Ranco dual stage and she serves as the draught box and a fermentation chamber.

Next project is a dedicated fermentation chamber.

2247993642_40d0c79774.jpg

Hand carved her namesake into the apron. That was the toughest part. The drip tray is a speed rail.:p

Latest posts

Back