Corona bottle capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McTarnamins

Reaction score
Are corona bottles made for US or EURO bottle capper? I tried to bottle some of my new brew in the mini 7oz corona bottles. The caps wouldn't seal. I assume it's EURO. Any experience

not sure about the mini's but I've got a case of regular size corona bottles that cap fine with a US capper...

just wish i could get the burnt on label off

good luck

the problem with corona bottles is that the "skirt or flare" that the lip on a wing capper grabs is to short. hence your cap doesn't seat correctly. need to use a bench capper, caps are 26mm:tank:

erik

Are the caps too big or too small? If you have a wing capper, look under the bottom of it where the metal wings are. You'll see some numbers that say 26 and 29. There's a slot on the back of them where you can prize them out and flip them around. The 26 is the US size, the 29 is the EURO size.

That said, the bench capper is probably your best bet. I should probably get one for my Martinelli and Red Stripe bottles since my capper hates them.

Back