Its amazing the difference times makes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03rangerxlt

Reaction score
Our beer had been carbing and after three weeks, my fiancee and I opened a bottle to try. I thought it was just ok, and not as carbed as it could be. My fiancee didn't like it and she was worried. Last night, we opened two bottles and it was amazing how much better it tasted with an extra week of carbing. The flavor had changed and it was smoother, as well as more carbed. Waiting for the carbing process to finish is sound advice!

I've been tasting all my brews weekly to see how they change and the impact it has on all the different variables. Well worth the sacrifice of a few bottles!

I've been tasting all my brews weekly to see how they change and the impact it has on all the different variables. Well worth the sacrifice of a few bottles!

It was definetly worth sacrificing a few bottles to taste how the beer was maturing. The last beer we did was great after only carbing for 1 week. The next time we open one of the beers from this batch will be at the end of this month, at our wedding. By then it should taste really damn good!

Im also interested in tasting the stuff we carbed in the growler. Its a lot of beer! Hopefully it carbed well in that thing.

Back