Can my theoretical control panel be used to to roast coffee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBBF

Reaction score
For the last year, I have been roasting my own coffee beans in an air popcorn popper. It works with no adjustments to the popper, but I'd like more control for repeatability. So assuming that I put the heating element and fan on separate power sources, could I control it with 110v control panel by swapping out the temperature probe and plugging in the popper into the control panel?

Is it that simple or am I missing something?

should work, I was never really that happy using an air popper. I ended up using a breadmaker (used only for the pan and stirrer) and a heat gun. I drilled thru the breadmachine and pan for the thermocouple. Wasnt a brewer at the time, so I never thought to automate it. May have to look at that.

I'm thinking if I can build an electric brewery that functions as a brewery/coffee roaster/sous vide machine, it will help justify the cost.

I'm thinking if I can build an electric brewery that functions as a brewery/coffee roaster/sous vide machine, it will help justify the cost.

...and fermentation chamber. OK if you don't mind being restricted to 120V.

Mind... I don't have a choice!

I didn't even think about cooling. If I plug in a crock pot, I can also use it to make yogurt. It sounds like I can't afford not to build this.

How did I forget that. See the link in my sig.

Chill wort to an exact temperature by PID control of the coolant pump?

along with a TV and all on the back of a riding mower?

it would be like the swiss army knife of manly tools

Back