Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a bare watching the game with a friend, we both ordered beers in 25 oz mugs. I got a racer x he got a Guinness. I sip on my racer knowing it's 8+% while my friend chugs his Guinness then proceeds to mock me and boast about chugging his "super strong" Guinness. I just chuckled to myself and shook my head

Old Milwaukee, Schlitz, Old Style, Special Export, Cold Spring, Red White & Blue, and Blatz were some of my low-dough college swills. If I was feeling rich I would spring for a sixer of Lowenbrau or Beck's.

cpl-america said:
whoa there buddy, a hundred bucks of keystone! way to buy the whole factory.

now everyone else has to drink natty light.

In April every year at CMU we had buggy races. The staging area was always a 16' box truck. One year (2000?) someone had the bright idea to drive the truck to the beer distributer, and buy 2 pallets of natty. Apparently we blew through that, got more, and that is how the t-shirt "a picture is worth 5424 beers" was born.

At a bare watching the game with a friend, we both ordered beers in 25 oz mugs. I got a racer x he got a Guinness. I sip on my racer knowing it's 8+% while my friend chugs his Guinness then proceeds to mock me and boast about chugging his "super strong" Guinness. I just chuckled to myself and shook my head

Your friend is a dink.

That said, about eight years ago I had this conversation with a buddy...

Me: Wow, I feel sloshed from that beer.
Friend: ...From just the one?
Me: Well, it was a Guinness.
Friend: Fair enough bro.

:smack:

hunter_la5 said:
Beer Lord, forgive me, for I have sinned. I used to think that Pilsner and Lager were distinct styles, as well as Ale and Porter. I used to think that beer was stored in the kegs flat, and carbonated as it was run through the taps like the BIaB sodas. (Makes zero sense, I know). I used to think that the only difference between dark beer and light beer was how long it was boiled. I used to think that bitter beer was a bad thing because Keystone ads told me so. I used to think Budweiser was top-quality beer because it cost more than Keystone, and tasted slightly stronger.

There is a brewery near me that does flat beer in bags like soda and it gets carbed inline. Google tin man brewery evansville. The beers are lackluster for the most part and I can't help but think that's part of it.

Coworker: I bought a mini keg of something called Köstritzer it said it was a schwarzbier, what's that mean?
Me: schwarzbier means black beer it's a black lager.
Coworker: It was real thick like a Guiness.
Me: I wouldn't really call it "thick".
Coworker: I'm telling you it was just like a Guiness I bought it because the name sounded Hebrew so I knew it would be good.

Coworker: I bought a mini keg of something called Köstritzer it said it was a schwarzbier, what's that mean?
Me: schwarzbier means black beer it's a black lager.
Coworker: It was real thick like a Guiness.
Me: I wouldn't really call it "thick".
Coworker: I'm telling you it was just like a Guiness I bought it because the name sounded Hebrew so I knew it would be good.

Definitely, Jews make the best beer. Nobody likes a catholic alcohol, tastes too much like Jesus blood.

Ah Keystone Light. In high school it cost $65 for a keg, luckily Ziegen Bock (for those who don't know, that's AB's attempt to fight Shiner Bock) was $67 per keg.

We would always have to get one of each because there would invariably be some people complaining about the dark beer.

Some high school shenanigans:
- I had a friend who beer bonged a SNPA. Right afterwards he said "that was the most delicious 5 seconds of my life!"
- We made a beer bong that was 25 ft long (held 5 beers). On Monday when our physics teacher asked how our weekend was, my friend said "I experienced the greatness of 9.8 m/s^2"

I see your Schwarzbier is as big as mine!
b791ef6c8c4d4d0d1817e32b92cac4ad_320x320.jpg

Well, now I don't feel so embarassed. Except for that one time a few weeks ago when I actually ordered a PBR. We were the visiting team in a dive bar and it was either that or really funky bud light draft. They didn't even have liquor.

Rugby social?

Don't get our Schwartzbier tangled.

what a movie!

Pool league. It was hard to meet the team rule of "2 beer minimum" before my game. Didn't have to worry about being contipated the next morning though.

Yeah, you really wouldn't want to be drunk for a rugby game. Afterwards though... The drunkening competitions post game were always amusing.

It's one of those movies I watched as a wee little 'um before I knew they were satire. Men in Tights was another. I had no idea what the iron underwear were all about.

Talking to a good friend of mine who is a Bud Light guy and refuses to drink anything else.

Friend: "Man you should make something like Bud Light and call it Chesapeake Light. You know use the local well water so it's local. People would love it!"

Me: "Are you serious?"

Friend: "Yup! How much would it cost to make a batch?"

Me: "Honestly I don't even know how to make something that tastes that bad. It's not worth the time or the effort."

Friend: "Man I am telling you it's genius."

Me: "Sure it is."

Not to mention local well water is a salty sulfury mess.

Talking to a good friend of mine who is a Bud Light guy and refuses to drink anything else.

Friend: "Man you should make something like Bud Light and call it Chesapeake Light. You know use the local well water so it's local. People would love it!"

Me: "Are you serious?"

Friend: "Yup! How much would it cost to make a batch?"

Me: "Honestly I don't even know how to make something that tastes that bad. It's not worth the time or the effort."

Friend: "Man I am telling you it's genius."

Me: "Sure it is."

Not to mention local well water is a salty sulfury mess.

Make a session pilsner with IBUs in the 30s and blow his mind.

It's one of those movies I watched as a wee little 'um before I knew they were satire. Men in Tights was another. I had no idea what the iron underwear were all about.

Oh, now I feel old. My parents took me to see Young Frankenstein in the theater when I was a kid.

Oh, now I feel old. My parents took me to see Young Frankenstein in the theater when I was a kid.

When I was 11 or so, my younger brother and I managed to talk our grandmother into taking us to see Airplane!... as it happens, she didn't notice the R rating until it was too late. :D I think all three of us were equally surprised, actually.

When I was 11 or so, my younger brother and I managed to talk our grandmother into taking us to see Airplane!... as it happens, she didn't notice the R rating until it was too late. :D I think all three of us were equally surprised, actually.

No way Airplane! was rated R, especially for back then.

I was at my local liqour store the other day that typically has a decent craft beer section. I musta been looking pretty confused cause the guy working there asked for what I was looking for. I responded "I'm looking for the 90-Minute IPA from Dogfish" He found it for me and I said thanks and he informed me they also had 60 minute IPA as well, I said thanks a lot man but I prefer the flavor of the 90-minute. He looked at me confused and I asked what kind of beer he drank. His response was epic! "Not this weird ****."

I couldn't help but let out a giggle.

While I love Young Frankenstein don't remember it from the theater! I wasn't even close to being born

I was at a "bar" just outside of Boston (a while ago) and I asked what local or craft beers they had, preferably on tap. I was handed the typical plastic laminated menu with oversized pictures of what the food looks like, in theory. After reading mostly the usual BMC suspects, I settled for Guinness. I was disappointed by the lack of something like Harpoon, but my uncle was buying so he told the waitress to just keep them coming. After about 4 or 5, the waitress asked "how are you possibly drinking that many? Aren't you full?" I insisted it was fine but she still seemed shocked that I wasn't licking the floors. To ease her pain and to end the conversation, I told her she could switch me up to bottled Sam Adams Octoberfest--I still had a handful of those before walking out.....on my own! Hahaha

HA! When I was 3 years old,I insisted on going to the movies with my older sis & brother. The movie was the original 13 ghosts...1959. Scared the popcorn outta me!

Back