my concrete/steel 3 roller mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinworswick

Reaction score
heres a few pics of a grain mill i've been working on over the last few weeks,its a 3 roller mill,the rollers are 250mm (10 inch) wide by 112mm (4.5 inch)diameter,it runs at about 120 rpm, i tested it with about half a kilo (1 lb)of old grain and it was through in less than 5 seconds! the rollers are steel tube filled with concrete on a 20mm axle, my method of centreing the axle was a bit flawed and they weren't all true so i got them trued at a local engineers shop,the pillar blocks and bearings got off trade me (ebay),the stonemason at work retired his concrete mixer just before xmas so i rescued the motor and pulley wheels,.i'll probably make a better looking hopper at some point as this was the only material i had handy and its a bit of a mess.

Library+-+3297.jpg

Library+-+3298.jpg

Library+-+3299.jpg

Library+-+3300.jpg

Library+-+3301.jpg

How much grain are you looing to crush? Good god that thing is a beast of a mill...nice work!

about 15lb a brew! should hopefully take less than a minute:D, overkill i know but i was using a converted pasta maker and it took forever so i wanted speed with a new one!i got the steel for nothing so thats what i used!

Back