Kegerator stopped pouring beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moxie

Reaction score
This is a pretty strange scenario that I can not seem to solve. I have a stout in one of my kegs, currently on the line. It was pouring fine for about 3 days, I served up maybe 5-8 pints or so, then went out of town. When I returned, the faucet would not pour at all. I checked the gas, took apart the liquid out, pulled the dip tube to make sure it wasn't plugged somehow, put it all back together, and it still won't pour. The keg is pressurized, I am just getting nothing out of the liquid out line. Any ideas??

Can you connect it to a different tap? If so how does it do then? Do you get anything when you push in on the ball valve right on the post (careful you can make a real mess this way)?

How cold is the keg fridge? I had the same thing happen to me and it was a frozen beer line.

I actually took the faucet apart and used the opportunity to clean the line... I am not getting any beer in the line at all. The QD was fine when I ran the sanitizer through it, post and dip tube appear to be fine... I have no idea what to do next, is there anything I am not eliminating?

Frozen beer... That did not even cross my mind... My thermometer is showing 40 degrees.

Beer is definitely not frozen. I am totally stumped. I just swapped the posts from a different keg. Same result. I thought I had eliminated the QD, but now I am not so sure. I have pretty much used up my entire can of CO2 trying to figure this out. :(

Gas under pressure is fairly predictable in a closed system. Follow it and see where it stops.
Liquid is even more predictable. How's the diptube? That is the start of the liquid's journey to the toilet.

Gas under pressure is fairly predictable in a closed system. Follow it and see where it stops.
Liquid is even more predictable. How's the diptube? That is the start of the liquid's journey to the toilet.

The keg is definitely pressurized. I pulled the diptube, and it is fine. I think it has got to be the QD. I ran some iodophor through the line to make it clear so that I could see beer coming out, and I am getting zero beer in the line. Must be the QD, but I'm not really sure how that is possible! I am going to try to transfer it to another keg and see what happens. Hopefully I have enough gas left. Haha.

The beer in the keg probably isn't frozen but the beer sitting in the line probably is.

snail said:
The beer in the keg probably isn't frozen but the beer sitting in the line probably is.

Actually I checked the kegs and they were frozen. Sounded like a slushee when I swirled the keg. Beer lines were fine though. I let the kegs thaw at room temp over night and put them back in the fridge this morning. I turned the dial from colder to normal so hopefully I won't have this issue again! Thanks for the help

Hello-I read through this whole thread and still can't get my kegerator to pour.

Last week I picked up a new keg of Mirror Pond. I had instant trouble. First the keg was frozen. I took care of that. I started to get a little bit of a pour. Half of what I was expecting. I upped the Co2 PSI to 14 and that did nothing. I cut the beer line nearly in half since it was suggested here and seemed long anyway. Still nothing. I just basically took the system apart and checked for clogs or leaks. Nothing. I put it back together, put the CO2 to about 10 and still nothing. One thing I did notice was the CO2 line seemed very hard. Can that line freeze?

The kegerator is about 41 degrees at the moment. Any ideas? Thank You

Just thinking out loud here. Remove the beer line qd and then use something to press the poppet. If you get a face full of beer then you know the problem is from the qd to the faucet. If you have a party tap, put that on the end of the line and if that pours then the problem is in the faucet.

Back