Kegerator is at 80% capabilty...Up and pouring beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hey all Kegger is up and running...Using picknic faucets for the mo...needing to borrow 1" hole saw from guy at work...Have the shanks, faucets and already looking at tap handles...Have both kegs set at 10# and im just gonna let them do their own thing...Should be ready for Saturday club meeting...Everything went so-so as far as set up...Problem number 1: Qhile racking to first keg I was attempting to secure regulator to tank and realized my adjustable was too small for the 1" nut on regulator...lol...You shoulda seen me running in the absolute pouring rain that all but decimated Louisville yesterday...Prob 2 was the main tank gauge was all jacked up inside...Called Midwest Supply and they asked no questions and put a replacement in the mail during phone call...KUDOS to MIDWEST SUPPLY...All in all It looks good and tastes pretty good too for my second and third batches ever...Cali Pale and Lil Opal clone...Photo is under my profile pics as I cannot figure how to post on the actual thread...Take care...Jay:rockin:

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of kegging! At least you got into it pretty much right away. Bottling batches does end up sucking after many batches. Midwest is the place to go. Their prices are good, they have good quality stuff, and their customer service is outstanding.

How long have your kegs been under pressure? 10 psi may not give you the carb levels desired if they haven't been going for long. You're usually looking at 2-3 weeks if you're going for the straight shot carbing method like that. It will provide you with the most control over the carbonation of your batch, however, it will take longer.

I have actually gone with the 30 psi for 1 day, 20 psi for 2 days method. No shaking required. It's usually carbed up within those first three days. Then, I just bring the pressure down to 10 psi and serve at that pressure. Any additional carbing that needs to be done will still continue to be done at that pressure anyways.

Ahh...I was so nervous to overcarb that i was just gonna set at serving Temp and go from there...Ill go home in the AM and reset the pressure to 20-30...Thanks

Back