POS car

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
So I've been fixing up my car for the last 2 weeks...getting it ready to sell. I called the newspaper today to put the ad in the paper of tomorrow. So, I get in the car after work tonight.........and the MOFOing A/C stopped cooling. So now I am completely pissed out of my mind. And I hope no one calls tomorrow, so I can try to fix it. I think the valve has a leak.

On a side note.....it gave me a good reason to go pick up a microbrew. Which I am currently drinking. (Diamond Bear Pale Ale)

Ugh, that's always the way it happens, isn't it? If it makes you feel better, you could sell it up here in the Pacific Northwest! It's been 50 degrees practically every day since October.

So I've been fixing up my car for the last 2 weeks...getting it ready to sell. I called the newspaper today to put the ad in the paper of tomorrow. So, I get in the car after work tonight.........and the MOFOing A/C stopped cooling. So now I am completely pissed out of my mind. And I hope no one calls tomorrow, so I can try to fix it. I think the valve has a leak.

On a side note.....it gave me a good reason to go pick up a microbrew. Which I am currently drinking. (Diamond Bear Pale Ale)

What kinda car do you have, maybe I cna help you trouble shoot it

If its AC...

When did it work last? And how well was it working?
You will have to sherader valves, one high side, one low side, make your the valves are tight.
Year make and model will help too!

Thx for all the replies guys. It just stopped working over night basically. It was almost completely out of freon and I could hear it leaking through the valve. It is a 97 civic. My valve doesn't unscrew and to be quite honest I didn't feel like messing with it....so I just now got done putting a can of stop leak and another can of freon in it. (yes I used a hose with a gage) Its cooling very well right now and I do not hear the leak anymore.

Ugh, that's always the way it happens, isn't it? If it makes you feel better, you could sell it up here in the Pacific Northwest! It's been 50 degrees practically every day since October.

:off:I am beginning to hate it here. It's practically the middle of June and it's freezing.

Thx for all the replies guys. It just stopped working over night basically. It was almost completely out of freon and I could hear it leaking through the valve. It is a 97 civic. My valve doesn't unscrew and to be quite honest I didn't feel like messing with it....so I just now got done putting a can of stop leak and another can of freon in it. (yes I used a hose with a gage) Its cooling very well right now and I do not hear the leak anymore.

I have a few Honda service manuals in PDF form if you need to look at a few diagrams and such.

I still regret getting rid of my '89 Civic, but California couldn't find my title (this was a one-owner car purchased new in CA) & Oregon wouldn't let me register without one.

On the other hand, it needed CV joints and a wind shield, so maybe that was a blessing to have to give it away.

I still regret getting rid of my '89 Civic, but California couldn't find my title (this was a one-owner car purchased new in CA) & Oregon wouldn't let me register without one.

On the other hand, it needed CV joints and a wind shield, so maybe that was a blessing to have to give it away.

replaced both on my integra, the CV joints are very common thing to loose and can be replaced if you haev the right know-how and tools... the windshield on the other hand... well, that was worth the almost $500 to get it replaced.

Why are you using the classifieds in the paper, craigslist and other internet sites are the way to go these days. Most are free.

http://craigslist.org

Woot......The ad for my civic came out in the paper today and I sold it about 40 min ago. Got what I was asking for it too.

Back