• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Hampshire PBW by the lb (Feeler to gauge interest)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radiant-designer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a LARGE qty of PBW (over 150 lbs worth) because it is such a great deal. I am curious if anyone would be interested in going in on this with me. I am thinking bring your own container, using a highly accurate scale, and selling it for $5/lb for anything under 5lbs. 5-15 lbs being $4.50 a lb and 15+ being $4.25/lb .

I believe these prices will work for most people and are under what Norther Brewer charges. I dont really want to get into a habit of shipping these and I would prefer you bring your own container.

I am still negotiating with my source on this so depending on the cost of me getting my supply this may change a tiny bit.

I do not need that much, but if I could sell 1/2-2/3 of it and keep a 50 lb bucket to myself that would work out well for me.

As a note, this is all new product, never got wet, will still be sealed when I get it.

Rules

2. Absolutely NO commercial, reselling, vendor like postings or bulk selling will be allowed.

Those are pretty good prices. If your looking for people to go in with you, you may want to try organizing a group buy instead of posting in this section. Good luck.

But per the rules I can't put this in group buy becuase it is not ingredients. I'm not looking to turn and flip this, just seeing if I buy a lot if I can take what I want and resell the rest. Such as if I bought someones brew set up, took the kettles, and resold the kegs

He would be doubling his money at least. I looked up the wholesale price from NCM. I think that it is fine to make a profit but what he is doing is against the forum rules. He would need a vender account. With group buys you can only charge the actual cost plus shipping.

I am not a vendor, and I am not buying this just to turn around and resell it for a profit so I'm good by those two caveats. What is the forums definition of bulk selling?

I have seen people who have purchased 100 pack of o rings and are now selling the others that they didn't use.

These prices are a good deal below what I have seen online and in lhbs.

I would do a group buy, however thst violates that forum's rule on ingredients only and I also do not want to "presell" and collect money up front and then buy just that much and distribute. I am only hoping to see if there is enough interest that if I bought say 200lbs, that I could pass along the savings to others who may ea t 5-10 lbs. For me to drive down there with my truck and get the 50# pails of this I may as well get more for the same ammount of gas and time investment. I originally only wanted about 25lbs, but they don't really want to waste time for anything under 100.

He would be doubling his money at least. I looked up the wholesale price from NCM. I think that it is fine to make a profit but what he is doing is against the forum rules. He would need a vender account. With group buys you can only charge the actual cost plus shipping.

What is NCM?

I got tipped off about a pallet of PBW in a warehouse space in NJ that a colleague of mine uses. Apparently some of the products they had in that space are beimg liquidated and he was asking me what I would pay for it to come and get it out of there. I didn't see a best by date anywhere so I'm trying to jump on this if I can.

Now I hope that everyone in NJ &NY isn't running to the warehouse to neat me to this, or if they are they at least save some for me!!!

The few other pallets of stuff isn't much of an interest of mine, I've never herd of some of it like kwiksolv or ramrod. Apparently some solvents and even inks for printing industry stuff

When I do the group buy the cost per pound is $2.65 delivered for 50# pails.

Wow If I can get it through that it would be an even better deal. Maube I need to tell them I offered too much for it.

When do you do your group buy and how do you get arround the ingredients only rule?

I tried doing a group buy for corny kegs and was told that I couldn't, only grains and ingredients alowed

It is an item that you use up while brewing. They just don't want you competing with venders. Most of the groups allow you to buy chemicals you need to brew. I should be starting a new buy soon.

Yea, sorry guys, but you can't compete like this with our vendors. If you buy a bunch of something and want to sell off the excess, that's fine, but please don't solicit groups to pool money to do this sort of thing.

As stated before, brewing ingredients (edibles) are an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back