something wrong ? stopped bubbling after almost 2 and a half weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either there is no more fermentation going because the yeast has reached it's limit, there is no sugar left, or you have a stuck fermentation. The recipie would help.

Either there is no more fermentation going because the yeast has reached it's limit, there is no sugar left, or you have a stuck fermentation. The recipie would help.

3l of appel jucie
4 oz of sugar
a table spoon of cider yeast

If it isn't sweet and it's stopped bubbling then fermentation is complete. There's nothing wrong with it. The strong aftertaste is probably due to it being young. Bottle or keg it, let it age a month or so, then give it another try.

Yep its done I'm sure.... mine are usually done within 2 weeks and actually stop bubbling after about a week or less. Yes.....let it age.....trust me it will taste much better. I was dissapionted in my first cider when I tasted it right out of the ferment container. If you bottle it and try it again in 3 months....you will be brewing another batch....but bigger!

Back