GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you're stupid :)

I know I am in the minority on this, I just could not stand her(not that I couldn't understand her character and her reactions they all seemed natural). Like there were parts where she was really funny, but the rest of the time plain annoying.

To be on topic, watch the documentary called Champs. Talks about boxing and the effects the sport. Lots of interview discussions that are very very interesting. Simple things that you just never hear or think about when you compare it to other professional sports.

I know I am in the minority on this, I just could not stand her(not that I couldn't understand her character and her reactions they all seemed natural). Like there were parts where she was really funny, but the rest of the time plain annoying.

She's supposed to be annoying. Her character is slightly damaged and she compensates by being overly tough and avoiding close relationships.

I thought Longmire sucked, but that's just me.

I thought she was real good in that Riddick movie. Especially the topless scene.

Anybody watching Sense8?

Wife and I have been hitting this one pretty hard and hope to finish the season this weekend.

It's one of those shows where the over-arcing plot doesn't really go anywhere at first, but each character's individual story is enough to keep you interested until **** gets real.

Wife and I have been hitting this one pretty hard and hope to finish the season this weekend.

It's one of those shows where the over-arcing plot doesn't really go anywhere at first, but each character's individual story is enough to keep you interested until **** gets real.

Nice! We've been meaning to do the same... It's funny, I worked of the SF part of the show, but I haven't seen it yet... It seemed intriguing at the time!

I enjoyed Sense8 season 1 quite a lot, and now I'm hoping they will be making season 2. The first episode or two are a bit slow, but things pick up.

The photography is outstanding, and it is unbelievable how they mixed in all the different characters interacting like that across multiple locations. Simply amazing production work.

Many, many cool things about Sense8. Unfortunately, fleshing out the plot is quite weak. Too much wasted time with long shots and music interludes. 10 minutes to show everybody's birth? The earlier S1 episodes moved along quite well, the later episodes dragged on and the plot holes widened.

Anyone else here for Friday Night Lights. Not the movie, there is a show that Netflix has 5 seasons of. Being a sucker for football action movies I started the first episode with low expectations. Being a show I didn't think there would be enough of the football premise to span 5 seasons to keep me interested.

Episode 1 got me hooked. My wife started watching halfway through episode 3 and won't let me watch it without her now.

I can't say I'm much for the drama side of it, but they develop the characters very well. We're only through episode 6 so far but it has been a roller coaster of events and each episode so far as been exceptional.

Not sure this is on netflix, or anything, but my daughter has been recording Impractical Jokers. It's a reality show where 4 very good friends from NYC pull pranks on each other to try and embarrass them.

The setup is that they each have to do some crazy thing like wait tables at a restaurant while the other 3 tell him what to do or say in an earpiece. If he doesn't do it, he gets no points. After a few rounds of doing different crazy things, the biggest loser has to do something really embarrassing.

I'd guess it's somewhat scripted, but probably not all the time and it's really funny to see them do (or not) some of the things they ask them to do.

Not sure this is on netflix, or anything, but my daughter has been recording Impractical Jokers. It's a reality show where 4 very good friends from NYC pull pranks on each other to try and embarrass them.

The setup is that they each have to do some crazy thing like wait tables at a restaurant while the other 3 tell him what to do or say in an earpiece. If he doesn't do it, he gets no points. After a few rounds of doing different crazy things, the biggest loser has to do something really embarrassing.

I'd guess it's somewhat scripted, but probably not all the time and it's really funny to see them do (or not) some of the things they ask them to do.

that show is hilarious. they do some really effed-up things to each other.

example: Murr was the big loser of the night and was tricked into thinking he was going to compete in a body-building contest. so he puts on a Speedo, gets all oiled up, then is led into a room where his childhood crush, Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from Wonder Years) is sitting and he has to interview her, asking questions the 3 other guys made up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xP3HX7BEtIQ#t=60

that show is hilarious. they do some really effed-up things to each other.

example: Murr was the big loser of the night and was tricked into thinking he was going to compete in a body-building contest. so he puts on a Speedo, gets all oiled up, then is led into a room where his childhood crush, Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from Wonder Years) is sitting and he has to interview her, asking questions the 3 other guys made up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xP3HX7BEtIQ#t=60

Haven't seen that one yet, but I bet it's awesome!

He lost once and was tricked into skydiving. When he found out he was going up in a plane he REFUSED. He had his flight suit off and in the truck ready to drive through a wall to escape, but they got him to go up and parachute down.

Some of them have refused to do things like call people names, or insult people racially, etc. You start to know which guys will refuse to insult a lady after a few episodes. They'd rather risk the penalty then do that.

Haven't seen that one yet, but I bet it's awesome!

He lost once and was tricked into skydiving. When he found out he was going up in a plane he REFUSED. He had his flight suit off and in the truck ready to drive through a wall to escape, but they got him to go up and parachute down.

Some of them have refused to do things like call people names, or insult people racially, etc. You start to know which guys will refuse to insult a lady after a few episodes. They'd rather risk the penalty then do that.

by reminding him of the contracts they signed: refusing a challenge is OK, refusing a punishment gets you kicked off the show.

Most music lovers will enjoy "Muscle Shoals", a great documentary on the famous recording industry in Muscle Shoals Alabama. Very well done with a lot of great stories and some fantastic classic music.

+1. Great documentary.

Wife started watching Parenthood.

Blah. Like she needs another long term commitment on the TV.

Not sure if its been mentioned but The Machinist is on streaming

Its the one where Christian Bale is ridiculously skinny. Literally ate an apple and coffee every day until his doctor wouldnt let him go farther. Then right after beefed up for Batman Begins.

anyway the movie is very intricate. everything from scene transitions and background to the color scheme is very carefully chosen. You have to watch it more than once to appreciate all the hints about the ending. Supposedly the entire movie is inspired by Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral. Even the character name, Trevor Resnik, is derived from it (Trent Reznor)

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but there's a great documentary called "Man On Wire". All about how a guy pulled off a tightrope walk between the World Trade Center towers back in the mid '70s...

Enjoyed the Daredevil series. Couldn't get into Sense8 on the first attempt but may come back and try again later. Co-workers making me watch Boondocks now, is a bit of a strain on my nerves at times. Gave Grace & Frankie a shot based solely on Lily Tomlin. Didn't want to claw my eyes out but didn't enjoy it too much either, if you're into drama for the sake of it may be a good option. Wife's watching Scandal and enjoying it but I just can't. Watching Charmed with oldest kid. Not the ideal show but I want to bludgeon myself slightly less than when she wants me to watch Glee and less boring so far than Veronica Mars.

My young one watched Airplane! last night.

At least she watched part of it. I can't get her to put her damn phone down long enough to enjoy that kind of movie. She misses half the jokes!

The Ghost shows usually are a great source of entertainment for me.
Most of the episodes dont have enough for me to think something other than shenanigans is going on to produce their "proof/evidence of paranormal activity", but every now and again, they capture something that gives me a WTF moment.

Watching those shows with a nice buzz helps alot too.

Any show ending with Quest(TreasureQuest/MonsterQuest) is total crapola.

I was browsing the Criterion Collection website and found out that they have over 900 films available for streaming on Hulu Plus. I checked the Hulu website earlier today and discovered they were offering a 30-day free trial rather than the usual 7 days, so it was sort of a no-brainer for me to sign up for a month of free Criterion films, after which I quickly canceled my amazon.co.uk order of The Mizoguchi Collection which contains The Story of the Last Chrysanthemums that is apparently unavailable for purchase in the US but was right there on Hulu Plus for my streaming pleasure.

I was browsing the Criterion Collection website and found out that they have over 900 films available for streaming on Hulu Plus. I checked the Hulu website earlier today and discovered they were offering a 30-day free trial rather than the usual 7 days, so it was sort of a no-brainer for me to sign up for a month of free Criterion films, after which I quickly canceled my amazon.co.uk order of The Mizoguchi Collection which contains The Story of the Last Chrysanthemums that is apparently unavailable for purchase in the US but was right there on Hulu Plus for my streaming pleasure.

Yeah. The Hulu Exclusive agreement on the criterion collection was tailored toward film buffs. Hulu banked pretty hard on making that agreement in order to transition themselves away from being viewed as a series TV only service and to compete with Amazon.

I think I just read that the Wet hot American Summer show is streaming on Netflix now. I might have to check that out!

Yes it is just binged the first season of the new series after watching the movie again and highly recommend it. Still as funny and played right into the movie.

Started both Sense8 and Trailer Park Boys this weekend. I'm not overly excited about either. Sense8 just seems a jumbled mess, and maybe that's the point given the premis. TPB, I just don't get. Its not that funny, and actually really annoying. I'll probably keep watching Sense8 to see if it starts to make some point.

For those who need a little more Scully: The Fall. British Scully (Stella) chasing a serial killer thru Ireland.

Back