march pumps from pumps for less.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndoe22

Reaction score
Next week I plan on getting a March pump. In the hardware sectiopn I saw that pumpsforless.com has the for $115 shipped. That is the cheapest I have seen them . Has anyone else bought from them?

It still pumps. Was trying to save someone another few dollars.

Watch USA Pumps on eBay - they've got some inlines that are 1/2" inlet and outlet for $110 shipped. But $5 more and in stock is a good deal.

Ordered my inline's from USA Pumps last week and showed up today.

Not quite the same. The ebay pump has a 3/8" inlet with 1/2" outlet. The pumpsforless pump has 1/2" inlet and outlet.

the ebay pump has 3/8" internal pipe thread, and 3/4" external pipe thread inlet. the inlet is actually larger than a 1/2" in-out pump would have.

Watch USA Pumps on eBay - they've got some inlines that are 1/2" inlet and outlet for $110 shipped. But $5 more and in stock is a good deal.

Ordered my inline's from USA Pumps last week and showed up today.

Well I take that back - although they did promptly ship ONE of the two pumps I've ordered and paid for, the other failed to be in the box. Of course they're on east coast time and 4PM PST means they're gone for the weekend so I'm stuck frustrated and annoyed waiting to get a hold of someone to figure out what they're going to do to resolve this.

Really? I'm looking at that right now, and it's saying 3/8" in and 1/2" out. Is that the same one you ordered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220520955010

Inlet is 3/4" MPT and outlet is 1/2" MPT. The inlet just so happens to be threaded internal threads and external threads. This gives 3/8" pipe thread inside the inlet and 3/4" pipe thread outside the inlet. You also have to remember that pipe is measured in inside diameter, so a 3/8" ID pipe would thread into the inlet, so the threads are larger than 3/8". 3/8 pipe has an OD of around .68", so the opening in the inlet of this pump will be closer to 5/8" than 3/8".

Inlet is 3/4" MPT and outlet is 1/2" MPT. The inlet just so happens to be threaded internal threads and external threads. This gives 3/8" pipe thread inside the inlet and 3/4" pipe thread outside the inlet. You also have to remember that pipe is measured in inside diameter, so a 3/8" ID pipe would thread into the inlet, so the threads are larger than 3/8". 3/8 pipe has an OD of around .68", so the opening in the inlet of this pump will be closer to 5/8" than 3/8".

Take it one more step here, with using the inlets MPT with a coupling leaves that 3/8" FPT useless, a collector of particles in the threads plus not a smooth surface flowing over the threads. Why no drill out that 3/8" FPT until you reach the root of the threads for a smoother and larger inlet? Structurally nothings lost plus you'll gain in diameter as well better primes. I had a replacement pump head sent that had this 3/8" inlet after I dropped my paddle across the old pump shearing off the inlet, (idiot was me). I was in a hurry not wanting to screw with returning the sent replacement head so drilled it out without any pumping problems. It actually improved priming the pump.
I did use a 30 degree reamer inside the inlet making a smoother transition from the coupling to the pumps inlet ID.

March 809-PL-HS INLINE WITH BASE & 3 FT cord Item number: 220521108623
The Only 809 PL HS With Cord & Base -New in Box-

Description
MARCH 809-PL-HS INLINE WITH BASE & 3 FT cord - New in Box-

The only March 809 PL HS inline with cord and base!!!!!! What you see in the picture is what you get...

$110.00 - Price includes free shipping & handling.

The March 809 HS pump is constructed of food grade material, will handle water at boiling temperature, and take back pressure (flow restriction). The high temperature polysulfil (sometimes called polysulfone) pump housing withstands temperatures to 250 F (121 C).

The March 809 uses a magnetic-drive pump, so there is no chance of oil contaminating beer. All parts in contact with the water are food grade, and do not impart off flavors. This pump can be used for an all-grain system, or used to pump water through a counterflow or brazed plate heat exchanger.

Pump Features:

1/2" NPT connections for both inlet and outlet
3' power cord with NO PLUG Bare wire
Mounting bracket included
115V
1/25 horsepower
continuous duty 1.4 Amp motor Max flow of 7.5 gpm Inline
Free Shipping & Handling in the United States Ships new in box from New Jersey - Taxed only in NJ.
Bid Now on eBay ---Starting at $110.00 with FREE Shipping and Handling.

We are an Authorized March Pump Dealer. Pump Includes 1 year warracnty. All Sales Final. No Returns.

CALL 1-866-921-1340 for assistance with your March Pumps. Send an E-mail to [email protected] with any questions.

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Copyright © 1995-2009 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

This is the pump I got it's all 1/2 inch both inlet and outlet.

This is the pump I got it's all 1/2 inch both inlet and outlet.
Great deal there, and exactly the model I want - alas the listing's ended. Hopefully they'll have more tho, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Back