Diagnosis Stat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerhertz

Reaction score
A couple of nights ago I sprayed my hops with an organic insecticide after noticing some pests (white flies?) causing some small holes to form on the leaves. My Warrior plant also had some minor leaf curl. The bugs are white/light colored and fly off the leaves when disturbed.

BUT, I came home today and witnessed a horrific sight. All of my hops plants had some leaves with transparent blotches! This doesn't look like it was caused by aphids or white flies, but I could be wrong. I checked the plants a couple of days ago and I didn't see anything on this order of magnitude!

From below:

From above:

This was my first time using the insecticide on hops, so I'm wondering if it caused the problem. Not all of the leaves are affected with the symptom, however. Here is a link to the product:

Indoor Pharm :: Pharm Solutions Inc.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm really worried.

FYI, I grow on a balcony with southern exposure. It's been warm and humid in VA lately, so I haven't been watering much, maybe 250 ml a day per plant. The soil is moist at the top, but not soaked.

Back