Samuel Adams Hefeweisen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weberju

Reaction score
I just tried Sam's Hef for the first time, and it is really good. I was wondering, if anyone might know a cloner recipe. I tried looking on google, with no luck.

I did some tinkering around with the recipator, and with what is listed on the sam adams web page. and here is what i came up with. if anyone has anything better, or wants to adjust this by all means do so. if you make this beer lemme know how it turns out. :) this recipe is assuming 70% effeciency.

4 lbs. 2-row
4 lbs. wheat malt
2 lbs. unmalted wheat

do your mash however you do it.

90 minute boil

.5 oz of spalt hops at 45 min till flame out
.5 oz of spalt hops at 10 min till flame out

ferment with wyeast 3056 or wyeast 3068 or white labs wlp300 or whatever you wanna use. do your fermentation however you do it. i wouldnt leave it in a secondary for too long, because you dont want a crystal clear wheat beer.

there it is.

not sure if your being sarcastic, but many people have many different methods that they use to do both of those processes. i was merely suggesting that weberju do what he is comfortable doing.

Latest posts

Back