Correcting mash ph with correct ions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unseenat17

Reaction score
(i posted this message in another category which was wrong but cant figure out how to delete (using android app...sry) So I have read a few books and I am new to brewing (go figure). I have looked/searched this site for a while and cant seem to find the best way to correct ph in water. It seems to be a consensus that incorrect ph is a symptom of poor water ions. My local water supply is not great for my style (aipa) so I am planning on using arrowhead water (popular bottled water on the west side) ions corrected with salts for my particular brew. How best do I fix ph for my mash in and my hot liquor tank (for sparging) to brew?

Get Palmer's "How to Brew". Great info. You can get the first edition info for free on-line, just google how to brew. It will give you everything you need. Good luck.

What's so wrong with the local water? As mentioned, read the primer and maybe get your water tested by ward labs, use TH's ez_water spreadsheet. I'm doing this without a pH meter with good results.

Back