Force carb with beer gas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krispy d

Reaction score
can I force carb with my tank of 70/30 beer gas? finally set up a nitro system and now wonder if I really need the old tank and regulator.

no one knows? or stupid question? this is one of those things I feel like I should know but don't. scoured my books and spent some quality time with google but no luck.

anyone...

I don't have experience with nitrogen mixes, other than I understand that nitrogen doesn't absorb the way CO2 does. This is why pubs that push their beer long distances from the keg to the tap, use nitrogen to push instead of CO2. They have to use higher pressure for long distances (we're talking the length of the pub) and higher CO2 would get absorbed and over carb the beer.

If you have the time, I'd prime them with corn sugar. If not, and you don't want to waste precious nitro on forcing (shaking). I'd say do the passive force carb. Hook em up at serving pressure and let em sit for 7-10 days.

Back