Crankandstein 2S?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rack04

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a mill and I have been eying the Crankandstein 2S. From what I have gathered it doesn't look very easy to adjust the gap on this mill. Does anyone have first had experience on how difficult it is to adjust the gap? Or doesn't everyone just live with the factory preset .045"?

I have a 3, but it adjusts the same. It adjusts great, and I love it. Just loosen the thumb screws, and rotate the connecting bar.

treaves said:
I have a 3, but it adjusts the same. It adjusts great, and I love it. Just loosen the thumb screws, and rotate the connecting bar.

Are you referring to the 2a or the 2s? According to the manufacturer in order to adjust the 2s you have to loosen the set screw, match mark the bearing, drive out the bearing with hammer and small socket, turn the bearing to set the gap, tap the bearing back in, and tighten the set screw.

He's talking about the 2A. I had the 2A but recently had it in for repair and paid the $20 to upgrade to the 2D. The truth is, you don't have to modify the gap often but $20 is cheap in the grand scheme and the 2A is a good compromise.

Customer service is excellent by the way.

I just assembled mine today. The 2S works very well. I really can't imagine someone needing to adjust it once it's set, but if you need to, it's a royal PITA. You really have to take the entire thing apart and hammer out the bearing. I set mine almost at the max crush. I didn't gap it, but I set it just a bit wider than the min. If the min truly is 25 mil, then mine is likely 30 to 35. It is crushing as well as my old corona mill, but it's evenly crushed, faster, and with much less flour.

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I wanted to give some feedback to the folks searching.

Latest posts

Back