First competition -- Best of Show!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys... And thanks for the review, caspio, glad you liked it! I should mention here that I very much enjoyed your IPA too, although I was lazy and didn't do a full review. :)

I just had a couple pints from the second batch (kegged, and all-grain this time) and I'm pleased with it. It has similar head retention too. The second batch is a little higher in alcohol and a little more dry, but it has basically the same flavor and aroma. Funny, it tasted a lot less sweet at first, but now that it's aged another week from the first taste, it's a lot more like the first batch.

Android -- I bottled a couple six packs and then kegged the rest. Although I did bottle my American Wheat/Rye from the keg with a crude version of the BMBF. Hope it worked okay. Seemed to.

Caspio -- I just drank the bomber of Green Flash Imperial IPA you sent. Oh, man, was that great! Better than Pliny the Elder, IMO.

I'm gonna have to come out there and do a beer tour. :mug:

Congrats, I took an HM in that class with Denny's Rye IPA. Most entries ever at the Fair this year. I noticed Indiana had around 370 entries. May enter both next year. :mug:

Congrats, I took an HM in that class with Denny's Rye IPA. Most entries ever at the Fair this year. I noticed Indiana had around 370 entries. May enter both next year. :mug:

So, did they have a public tasting sort of thing? Would have loved to have sampled some of the beers. I've wanted to brew Denny's Rye IPA too...

No public tasting that I know of. They take all remaining brew to UK and use it for a training class. I went over during the judging. I always wondered how on the up and up it was. I found out that you don't have to be certified to be a judge there. If you want to be a judge next year just contact the LAGERS brew club and they will set you up. You can pick the class you feel most comfortable.

Back