Self Squeezed Apples Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidstark

Reaction score
Well i bought 2kg of apples and made a juice from them, now its fermenting!
Sorry for crappy pics, cellphone cam.

Ok the sliced apples
Image000.jpg

Juice machine, everybody would like one like this ;]
Image0011.jpg

A cup full of fresh juice!
Image0041.jpg

Here i pour the juice. "That what happen when you wait to long with apples, brown color. Atleast the taste is the same ;]
Image007.jpg

Filtering, much apples dough...
Image0081.jpg

After filtering... Ohhh the smell =]
Image011.jpg

Boiling/Pasturizing...
Image0241.jpg

In my 1.5L London's Special Dry Gin bottle.
Image0251.jpg

I will update as soon as fermentation is over. Well the juice is extremely SWEET so it will take more than a week :0

Sorry no gravity reader ;[

Are you going to add pectic enzyme to clear it seeing as how you boiled it?
Personally I don't bother with the pasteurisation, I think you'll also end up with a cooked apple taste. I also wouldn't bother to filter the next time, leave the must as part of it, remove it when you go to secondary.

Are you going to add pectic enzyme to clear it seeing as how you boiled it?
Personally I don't bother with the pasteurisation, I think you'll also end up with a cooked apple taste. I also wouldn't bother to filter the next time, leave the must as part of it, remove it when you go to secondary.

+1 to all of this

Next time just crush up a campden tablet and wait 24hours. Then pitch your yeast and you should be good to go.

Well im to lazy and have not much time to go to other city and buy in brew supply store so i used bread yeast. I know not the best option for brewing but...

Ok so the story is like that:
The water in the airlock didnt moved and i was wondering whats wrong. Well the thing is that i made to big hole and the airlock wasnt really tight, so i poured to another bottle made good hole and immediatly the water in the airlock moved upwards (the section that near the opening).

I also enjoy the sound of a bubbling air lock in my bedroom :D The juice looked kind of green before it was exposed to air for a while, did you use a lot of granny smith apples?

Bottled!!
Image0091.jpg

Here is the 0.5L cider in the bottle! Now its aging and getting carbonated... :)

Back