Traveling to Fayetteville NC. Where do I go for good beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am traveling to Fayetteville, NC on Monday for work and I am wondering where the locals go for a decent pint and/or good food. Thanks in advance.
-Chris
:mug:

Dude,

If you go walking around asking "for a good pint" in Fayettenam.......

Huske Hardware and The Smashhouse both have on premise breweries. I'm a little more biased toward Huske because my friends and I know the brewer. They have specials on house brews and tours on Wednesdays from 4-9. The Nut Brown Ale is to die for.

I didn't care for Huske House either.

What's the name of that new brew place behind Joe's Crab House on McPherson-Church Road?

(It's new to me. Of course, I lived there in '73 before even the mall was put in and again in '79 when All American was put in and '99 before Raeford got built up.) I've been there 3-4 times since 2004.

Do you really have to go to Fayetville...just kidding, its not that bad. Theres a great Hells Angels bar right on highway 87 that is very welcoming, and I'm being totally serious here, me and my friends had a great time there one night. Other than that I don't really know of good drinking spots. There is an awesome greek restaurant called Zorba's, eat there!

+1 on the mash house. good food and good beer. if you want a few bottles, there is Bob's wine and gifts. Also for bottles, Grapes and Hops has some good beers.

Thanks for all the responses. I will be there for 4 days so I will hit up most of the above. I am very curious about the Hells Angles bar, that is a culture I haven't had much exposure to. Sounds like a good time for a midwestern boy. Why Fayettville, Fort Bragg, I am a former Jarhead that still works close to the warfighters. I see alot more Army dogs than Marines these days but in a time of war we are all brothers (and sisters). Thanks again.
-Chris

+1 on the mash house. good food and good beer. if you want a few bottles, there is Bob's wine and gifts. Also for bottles, Grapes and Hops has some good beers.
I went to the G&H last time I was down that way. They certainly have a large slection of beers on-hand, but they leave their hops and yeast out in the open (non-refrgerated).

If you are going through Durham on the way, there is a really really good beer store you should check out. Sam's Quik Shop

It doesn't look like much, but the selection is phenomenal.

Oh yeah and the list on the website of beer is a small sampling of what they actually have.

I was there about 2 weeks ago. The mash house has a pretty good stout and IPA. Food was pretty good also.

I hit the Mash House last night. I had the french dip which was very good for a quick bite. I followed it with 5 of their Imperial Stout and it was not a bad beer at all. I will be going back again this week if any of you care to join me send a PM.
Thx,
Chris

Have one for me, spent 6 years there. I will have to look at my Growlers when I get home becasue I cant remember the name but I was there when the Mash House was first opened, but it was called something different then. Either way they made a killer cherry wheat seasonal.

Back