OG and FG for honey wheat ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossbergmike

Reaction score
i recently purchased all the things i need to brew and am planning on brewing this saturday.. the kit i bought is a honey wheat beer kit from "The home brewery" nationwide brewing supplies.... nowhere in the literature that came with it does it tell what the OG and FG should be? thanks in advance for the help brewthers.

i recently purchased all the things i need to brew and am planning on brewing this saturday.. the kit i bought is a honey wheat beer kit from "The home brewery" nationwide brewing supplies.... nowhere in the literature that came with it does it tell what the OG and FG should be? thanks in advance for the help brewthers.

What are the ingredients, brewther?

its a kit so its in premeasured bags. doesnt really sat how much of what is in there. i know since its a kit i prolly have nothing to worry about on the whole thing... ive just got that noob nervousness. need to quit worrying and just brew the damn beer. but i think i have benefited greatly from waiting a week and reading up alot on this site and other literature.

its a kit so its in premeasured bags. doesnt really sat how much of what is in there. i know since its a kit i prolly have nothing to worry about on the whole thing... ive just got that noob nervousness. need to quit worrying and just brew the damn beer. but i think i have benefited greatly from waiting a week and reading up alot on this site and other literature.

Alright. Well, if you can guess on the amounts, go here to figure your OG BeerTools.com Recipe Calculator. You can register an use a downgraded version of the software.

Note: Most Dry Malt Extract (DME) come in 3lb packages
AND Most Liquid Malt Extract (LME) come in 3.3 lb cans

I just brewed that same kit let me guess you bought it at Foremans? it was 1.046 before I pitched the yeast its still fermenting so I can't tell you the final. It smells pretty dang good though now I just need more bottles. I am new to bought this is my fourth batch in 2 months LOL. I am getting addicted and my buddies like it as well.

Back