comic book?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
all right.....all time, favorite comic book in your collections.....or favorite from when you where a young'n.

mine...Judge Dredd. he was THE LAW! then Batman.....no super power freaks in my comic box..........

Drokk! Dredd was one of my faves too! All time for me was 'Hellblazer' - John Constantine was the coolest. I haven't read any comics for over ten years now, i did have all my old ones packed away in storage in the loft until my ex wife destroyed my collection about 3 years ago when we split up!!!!!:mad:

Caplan said:
Drokk! Dredd was one of my faves too! All time for me was 'Hellblazer' - John Constantine was the coolest. I haven't read any comics for over ten years now, i did have all my old ones packed away in storage in the loft until my ex wife destroyed my collection about 3 years ago when we split up!!!!!:mad:

Drokk it! that's ground's for....well......divorce :eek:

i was hardcore Dredd in Jr. High and High School. he was just kick ass, no BS, by the book kinda comic dude. i still have all mine, even a couple #1's (probably worthless, but who cares!)

Back in my comic book days (late 50's, early 60's :eek:) it was marvel all the way. Superman and batman were weenies...give me spidey, thor, or the human torch any day. My fave's tho haven't been around in 40 years probably...Silver Surfer, Submariner, and Dr. Strange.

SS002005_150col.jpg

Submariner.gif

i never was a big sci-fi guy, so i had a hard time w/ super powers. i liked the regular joe's, who where just pissed off at the world! Batman, Judge Dredd, the Punisher, Vigilante. they'd just open up a can of whoop-ass and blow stuff up. :~)

I liked Iron Man up to about issue #220 because he was a boozer for a while and totally down and out. Tragic. I have to say I also liked Groo the Wanderer. I had #1-12 but traded them for something and I can't remember what. Still have all my Iron Mans though.

I always was entertained by Robert Crumb and Harvey Pekar's various comics. Superhero related Silver Surfer is one of my favs.

TxBrew said:
I always was entertained by Robert Crumb and Harvey Pekar's various comics. Superhero related Silver Surfer is one of my favs.
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers...truly a classic! :D

I watched some quick clip on Robert Crumb and one of his fetishes is getting piggy back rides from women. Odd fellow but great comics.

The X-Men was my comic of choice back in the day, i still have 'em all but havent pulled them out in YEARS. Spidy rocked, never much of a batman/superman fan. Always liked the punisher from the non super power group.

El Pistolero said:
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers...truly a classic! :D
I loved the Mexico story!

Phineas gets locked up and Freewheelin' Franklin goes to sort it out telling Fat Freddy to stay at the restaurant and don't go ANYWHERE.
The only Spanish phrase Freddy knows is 'una Cerveza por favor' so everytime the waiter approaches he uses it thinking Franklin is coming back soon - he's been told DON'T MOVE.
Eventually he has his head on the table , Franklin hasn't come back yet and the waiter comes over.

"una Cerveza por favor"

The waiter replies "But Senor! you've been here 3 days! Wouldn't you like something to eat?" ;)

And for some reason 'The adolescent radioactive black belt hamsters' comic just came into my head!!!!:confused:

Cheyco said:
I liked Iron Man up to about issue #220 because he was a boozer for a while and totally down and out. Tragic. I have to say I also liked Groo the Wanderer. I had #1-12 but traded them for something and I can't remember what. Still have all my Iron Mans though.

Tragic!? Groo was a hilarious comic. Begin Mulching!

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) is the greatest super hero of all time. I loved that book. I also read Dredd, X-Men (2nd series until Magneto ripped out Wolverine's adamantium, it got pretty dumb about that time), Groo was fun, Magnus: Robot Fighter, and all that Image stuff like Spawn, WildC.A.T.S., Brigade, etc.

Back