Trying to design a logo...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to design my logo for my little operation. It's called Southern Brewing and I know what I want to do but does anybody have any good programs to use while designing it? I'm trying to to it in Paint but it looks pretty crap.

My logo is going to be circular and in the centre will be the face of a compass pointing to South (at the top of the compass instead of North). I then want it surrounded by a thin light blue circular border and then surrounded by a larger red circular border. Then, the hard part, is that I want to put curved writing in the larger red circle. Does anybody have any ideas on a good program to use for this idea?

You mean something like this?

Southern.png

Gimpshop is a freeware version of Photoshop (okay, well not quite as good, but can't be beaten for the price). Just do a Google search for it and download the program. I'm no good at using it, but the program certainly can produce excellent results in the right hands.

You mean something like this?

No, I didn't mean something like that. My idea doesn't even come close to that! Like Dynachrome said, Holly Schmidt...

Would you mind if I used that logo and change the year to 2010?

(Also, out of interest, my first brew would have been ready to drink in a few days. It was a cider kit. :) )

Back