Serpentine Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCKemp

Reaction score
Serpentine Cider

Used nothing but organic cider from Hendersonville, NC, and yeast! So delicious and pure

Ingredients:
• 5.25 Gallons organic pasteurized cider
• 1.1L organic pasteurized cider (priming)
• 1 Vial White Labs English Cider Yeast WLP775

This is the kind of recipe that I have been looking for...something simple and straightforward. Thanks for posting this!!!

Eric

do you put it in bottles? and if you do.. do you carbonate? and how much sugar do you use to carbonate?

Yes, I bottled it. I used 1.1 liters of the original cider ( kept an extra half gallon in the fridge when I first bought it) to prime it, but it was super fizzy, so you could probably do fine with an even 1 liter. I did the math of how much priming sugar I'd need for my volume, and divided that by how much was in a serving of the cider.

How much did the fresh cider cost ya? I'm in NC and always looking for fresh alternatives to walmart and sams club.

How much did the fresh cider cost ya? I'm in NC and always looking for fresh alternatives to walmart and sams club.

It was $5/ gallon on sale at Earth Fare in the fall. I used UV pasteurized without anything added to it

Back