What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guinness Black Lager. Hey, don't judge me, it was on sale. I also bought some Spaten schwartzbier, and some Doppelbock. I've been on a lager kick lately...

Today must have been pumpkin roll-out in Asheville. Noticed Sam's, New Belgium, Cottonwood, and a couple others in the grocery store tonight. Not in the mood for that yet, picked up a couple Victory Hop Wallops for later.

NIZZLE said:
That is cheap I may have to grab some thanks for the info :fro:

I gotta tell ya. If a bottle of that accidentally falls in my box, I wouldn't complain. ;)

I'm having TNGabe's Biere de Garde, really enjoying this one Gabe. Getting some nice toffee, a little toast maybe,.... heck my tasting notes would probably read just like the 16D guidelines. Well done

ForumRunner_20130826_195230.png

Guinness Black Lager. Hey, don't judge me, it was on sale. I also bought some Spaten schwartzbier, and some Doppelbock. I've been on a lager kick lately...

May parents went to Boston recently and my Dad got a Black and Cherry (I think that's what they called it.) It was like a black and tan except it was the Guinness Black Lager with Sam Adams Cherry whatever floated on top. He said it was awesome! I'd try it! It all has a purpose I guess!:mug:

Having a Hottenroth Berliner Weisse from the Bruery. First time with the style and I'm a fan, I gotta make me one of these.

image-623860063.jpg

A friends 115th Dream Hopbursted IIPA. It's good, but I would classify it as a hoppy imperial brown.

ForumRunner_20130826_180530.jpg

Channel66 said:
So I've been day drinking and playing pool with my bro in law all day, go to leave the bar, blues come on. Aced a field sobriety test. I'm buying a lottery ticket.

Not drunk but I wouldn't have blown a breathalyzer and passed.

Drinking a saison

buzzed driving is drunk driving! Just like the commercial says!

More of this.
V5tBqFMlcGH0l3gexu7hOdJSISH6WnPhGQEkw-Xp6rg

Gotta tell you that my brother is so cool, he smuggled a glass back to the states from St. James Gate in Dublin and had the glass monogrammed for me!:ban:
HZdtqoWlycwCIu67VYIw32NqxTiIaCbGA3Kw55iDg6g

Double pour of my ESB. Exactly two bottles left after this (unless I find some hidden elsewhere). I think I'm going to kill it off tonight.

Would you mind pming me your Tafelbier recipe? Been wanting to make a good table beer and it looks delicious.

dcHokie said:
I'm having TNGabe's Biere de Garde, really enjoying this one Gabe. Getting some nice toffee, a little toast maybe,.... heck my tasting notes would probably read just like the 16D guidelines. Well done

You're a gentleman and a scholar. I think it was a bit estery because I overpitched. I just brewed a lighter updated version that I'm going to Brett bottle condition I'm pretty excite about.

image-3399175072.jpg

Getting into the commercial beers, 2 1/2 hrs through a 3 1/2-4 hr boil

Might as well start with something light.

:mug:

Pretty good brew there! I smacked that sucker a few nights ago. Although I only tasted subtle hints if coconut , still found it to be a solid ipa . Not a huge fruit beer fan so kind of happy about that...well drinkin more of my black rye ipa sitting at about 8.5

You're a gentleman and a scholar. I think it was a bit estery because I overpitched. I just brewed a lighter updated version that I'm going to Brett bottle condition I'm pretty excite about.

Excited about drinking that one

tyzippers said:
You went to SAVOR? How was it? I've wanted to go some year.

Yep I went this past year and it was awesome, I'm planning on making the trip down to DC next year for it.

TNGabe said:

4 hour boil o_O watcha making?

Vanilla Coke with Crown Maple.

image-58307305.jpg

After dinner. Grilled chicken and hominy casserole, which by the way is awesome. I never liked hominy before we started making it like this.

image-2486199922.jpg

Back