• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

250 gallon SS brewing vat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bh10

Reaction score
I came across one and no longer need it, open for offers since Im not to sure how much its worth. Located in Davenport, Ia.

Do you have any more specs on it?
Is it a boil kettle? What ports are on it? Size, shape, flux capacity?
Pics?

Thanks.

Id use it as a brew kit, as it has a whirlpool design, but I get deminsions for you and pictures. But it was used as a water storage tank, there is one port at the bottom.

The deminsions are 38"w x 42" l, now the 42is from the top to the top of were the whirlpool starts, so theres another 5-6" below that.

Here are pics, sorry for the poor quality, I couldnt find my camera to all I had was me cell.

SSvat1.jpg

Heres the bottom, right now there is just a pipe on the connection.

SSvat.jpg

Are you looking to sell your stainless tank? I am in the market for a tank 100-200gallon.

I'm in Nashville so it wouldn't be to long of drive to southern IL.

Your PM box is full, sorry for the post.

Are you looking to sell your stainless tank? I am in the market for a tank 100-200gallon.

I'm in Nashville so it wouldn't be to long of drive to southern IL.

Your PM box is full, sorry for the post.

FYI, Im not sure how long before you are wanting it, but I drive to Atlanta about everyother month and go through Nashville.

bh10,
You know I'm still interested, I just wanna get those additional pics.

Anyone else, I'm interested in other tanks also. I'm looking for any large tanks really. Probably up to 300 gallons. (And if they happened to be double-walled conicals for a good price it couldn't hurt :)

bh10,
You know I'm still interested, I just wanna get those additional pics.

Anyone else, I'm interested in other tanks also. I'm looking for any large tanks really. Probably up to 300 gallons. (And if they happened to be double-walled conicals for a good price it couldn't hurt :)

I know, I just waiting for our IT to come and give me premission to upload the pictures. Living in the sticks all I have is dial-up, so I use my work computer, and we cant up load things without IT, do to security reasons. Hopefully it'll be anytime now.

Thanks for the pics.

What size is the pipe on the bottom? And how does it attach? i.e. is there a welded fitting on there, or is that a weldless bulkhead through the tank?

It looks like the legs probably add another 12-16 inches from where they attach?

No lid, I assume?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the pics.

What size is the pipe on the bottom? And how does it attach? i.e. is there a welded fitting on there, or is that a weldless bulkhead through the tank?

It looks like the legs probably add another 12-16 inches from where they attach?

No lid, I assume?

Thanks again.

Weldless bulkhead, Im sorry I forgot to measure the pipe but I believe its 1.5" ID, but Ill verify.

Legs are 17.5 inches long

There is a lid but its not SS and has quite a bit of surface rust.

Picture030-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back