What's your favorite drinking glass type?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My personal preference. When I got married each of my groomsmen got one.

e9d8_das_boot_beer_glass.jpg

My personal preference. When I got married each of my groomsmen got one.

e9d8_das_boot_beer_glass.jpg

Used to have a couple of those and it was pretty funny handing a full one to someone, that has never used one before, so that they're drinking it in the same orientation as in that picture.:D Once they hit that certain level of beer in the glass and the air suddenly rushes in to displace the fluid from the front of the ankle to toes area and it catapults the remaining beer out with quite an explosive force, all over the unwitting victim:fro:

I mainly drink my homebrew from a Pilsener glass. Really like the way they channel the CO2, retain head and the way they showcase the colour/clarity of my beers. Either that or a snifter.

I don't get too nerdy about it, but I do try to drink from the glass appropriate to style when possible. I am moving away from the shaker (standard pint glass from everywhere) and prefer something that curves to allow head formation and nose.

I'm digging the vase, will have to see if the wife has one similar. Mostly drink from a pint or flute glass, or my Sam Smiths glass.

my normal home glass is a sam adams sensory 22, my at work standby is a dimpled mug with killians logo. my second home standby is a stemmed tulip for belgians wheats etc..

Very, very rarely use any of the logo pints I own (except my "what jersey drinks" flying fish pint) goto is either my duvel tulip or DFH snifter

British pint or GTFO. Best drinking vessel ever created by man. Heavy glass, but not obnoxiously heavy. Thumb bump to keep it in your hand and not on the floor when you maybe had a few (too many?) Stamped with the queens measurement. Rough bottom to release carbonation. Easily stackable for convenient storage. Inexpensive, and (relatively) easy to find in case of breakage. Holds an imperial pint, so pouring a homebrew, even an overcarbed one is not a problem.

Used to have a couple of those and it was pretty funny handing a full one to someone, that has never used one before, so that they're drinking it in the same orientation as in that picture.:D Once they hit that certain level of beer in the glass and the air suddenly rushes in to displace the fluid from the front of the ankle to toes area and it catapults the remaining beer out with quite an explosive force, all over the unwitting victim:fro:

Has nobody around here seen Beerfest!? :rockin:

I keep a rotation of 12 oz Mason jars in my freezer. They are durable less than $1 each.

Anything clean that will hold beer, but if given a choice a tall .5L Pilsner glass is my fave

Latest posts

Back