Use #93 for a beer coaster...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paperface

Reaction score
Use #93: A splint for your fingers when you stab yourself between the knuckles...
img2261customdu3.jpg
img2260customhd8.jpg

The Story:
So I was unloading the dishwasher (yes, at 1:00 in the morning), when suddenly, the glass I was holding slipped out of my hand. With the agility and speed of a mountain lion, I swooped my hand down to catch the glass. In doing so, I managed to stab/impale/spear myself between the knuckles of my pinky and ring finger with a knife sticking out of the silverware basket (think of Wolverine's claws, only backwards). I caught the glass, and instantly yanked my hand up to check out the damage. Yeouch, the wound is deep, real deep. I mean, you can look into it. I'm guessing it had 3mm or more of penetration into my hand, deep enough to go completely through the entire layer of skin and into the depths beyond. Oddly enough, it didn't bleed, just a little dab. And there was never a sharp pain, just a constant background ache. Basically, it went like this:
handstabek3.png

So there I am, with a deep gash between my knuckles at 1:00am. I cleaned up the wound and tried to figure out a way to keep it closed so it wouldn't scar too bad. I used a bandaid to press the sides together, but if i bent my fingers at all, it would pull the sides of the cut apart. I needed a splint, but nary a popsicle stick was to be found. What I do have is beer coasters. So I cut one up and taped it to my hand. Classy, I know.

Trying to tough it out or something? Why not go and get stitches? Then you won't have to worry about immobilizing your fingers so much so that you won't open the wound constantly.

Remember the thread about the amputated finger? It was a joke, but still....

desiderata said:
Trying to tough it out or something? Why not go and get stitches? Then you won't have to worry about immobilizing your fingers so much so that you won't open the wound constantly.

Remember the thread about the amputated finger? It was a joke, but still....
:off:
He's gonna try to pull a Dude. Get me to tell him to go to the ER and get his hand fixed, then refuse, THEN come back a day or 2 later and tell us he's losing the finger . . . .

now that is art...... I'm moved.

Sorry to hear about your hand/finger.

Back