So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a double brew this weekend, A rogue Dead Guy clone, and a Sweetwater type IPA......both are bubbling away in their fermenters as I type this......and I'm also enjoying a Hopslam also...:)

Back to back brews this weekend. Planning a Bohemian Pilsener (full boil extract) for Saturday and a Munich Helles (AG) for Sunday. Starters for both are currently in the fridge and have a nice layer of yeast eager to munch on some wort. I'll probably bottle up the Hefeweizen I brewed a couple of weeks ago, too.

Oh, and the hop rhizomes have arrived at the LHBS, so there may be some gardening. Big weekend for beer!

I'm brewing this weekend. My pipeline is empty :(

I'm thinking Denny Conn's RyePA, but with the hops bill tweaked to go with what's in the freezer, particularly the half-pound of Citra I've been meaning to play around with.

I'll probably start a batch of skeeter pee too. Summer's on the way.

My house ESB recipe...its new so wish me luck

Good luck, but luck really shouldn't be needed... :D

What's the recipe you're going with (more out of curiosity)?? I brewed what I hope will become my house ESB on 3/10... Going to add dry hops to it tonight, and plan on bottling towards the end of next week. Trying to figure out what to brew on that same day/evening...

In contention for the next brewing are:
Breakfast Stout (coffee, chocolate, and maybe a late addition of maple syrup)
Dirty Blonde ale
A BIG F'ing Barley Wine
Or something completely different... :D

Good luck, but luck really shouldn't be needed... :D

What's the recipe you're going with (more out of curiosity)?? I brewed what I hope will become my house ESB on 3/10... Going to add dry hops to it tonight, and plan on bottling towards the end of next week. Trying to figure out what to brew on that same day/evening...

In contention for the next brewing are:
Breakfast Stout (coffee, chocolate, and maybe a late addition of maple syrup)
Dirty Blonde ale
A BIG F'ing Barley Wine
Or something completely different... :D

I just posted the recipe on the boards...it's called "Storm Mountain ESB".
I believe you can see it on my profile as well.

It's an americanized ESB to bring the cost down..MO is getting really expensive..

My first beer should be done in about a week, so I'm making another to be ready when I'm done with that. A belgian honey blonde ale.

I'm gonna take a stab at a rye PA somethingorather. I have rye, I have 2 row, and 2 yeast starters going. US05 from 6 batches ago and a German ale yeast. Whatcha all think? Also a ton of hops left over.
I'm thinking the name should have "Bastard " in it somewhere.

Got the starter going yesterday on some Wyeast 1968. I am going to make an ESB of sorts, but with what I have on hand. That means it won't have any Marris Otter or other true British ingredients. I'm just aiming at the same color and ibu range and using the 1968. I don't have a name for it yet. Based on the yeast I should probably call it Extreme Flocculation.

Brewing a Marris Otter and Amarillo semi-SMaSH. Semi because it's a partial mash combined with Light DME. OG: 1.070 IBU: 60 US-05

Brewing my first Imperial Russian Stout

My recipe
Type: Extract
Coffee Russian Imperial Stout

---- Crisp Chocolate Malt 0.5 lb
---- Belgian Pilsner 0.5 lb
---- Briess Pilsen (Extra) Light Dry Extract 10 lb
---- Crisp Black Malt 0.5 lb
---- Briess White Wheat 0.25 lb
---- Franco-Belges Kiln Coffee 0.25 lb
---- Northern Brewer Pellets - Dual Purpose Hop 9.5% AA 2 oz@60 min
---- Galena Pellets - Mainly Bittering Hop 11.0% AA 1 oz@30 min
---- White Labs California Ale - WLP001

OG FG IBU SRM ABV
1.101 1.024 55.2 37.20 10.09

I made a big starter (half gallon)
Going to steep my grains at 155 for 45 minutes
Then I'm going to ferment at 65 degrees
Planning on racking onto a double shot of espresso in secondary...

I'm kind of going for a dieu du ciel peche mortel taste. :rockin:

Brewed a Belgian Pale yesterday that I'm hoping will fix the stuck ferment on my Quad. Brewing an American Light Lager tomorrow for a Fourth of July party.

The snow has finally melted in MN! I'm brewing up 10 gal of BierMuncher's Cream of 3 Crops for Memorial Day weekend.

Brewing a porter similar to ed's bee cave porter today. It's going to be a great day to brew!

Back