Latest Chubby Kid Beer Labels!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjonsharp

Reaction score
label07.jpg

Monstery!
label06.jpg

They look great, but one thing stands out:

The British Bitter and Pumpkin Ale labels read 70% AA. That doesn't make sense.

Thanks, everyone!

They look great, but one thing stands out:

The British Bitter and Pumpkin Ale labels read 70% AA. That doesn't make sense.

Thanks, for pointing this out. The pumpkin ale is a typo, it should be 76%. Doh!

The Bitter is right according to the gravities I read--from 34 down to 10.

The Bitter is right according to the gravities I read--from 34 down to 10

Then you mean attenuation, not AA%. AA% mean the percentage of alpha acids in your hops. ;)

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why that needs to be on the label- as only us beer geeks would appreciate it!

Then you mean attenuation, not AA%. AA% mean the percentage of alpha acids in your hops. ;)

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why that needs to be on the label- as only us beer geeks would appreciate it!

Yeah the AA on the labels stand for Apparent Attenuation.

"everyone's a chubby kid at heart"

"the imposter 'pumpkin' ale"

artwork is awesome, copy is great, the whole branding is just excellent!!!

Always loved your labels, Jon, and these are no exception!!! TOP NOTCH WORK, sir! Thanks for sharing with us!

+1 to IrregularPulse. BYO does their annual label contest. Save a bunch of these up, and SEND 'EM IN! :p You could win prizes fo' reals.

haha! I actually LOL'd when I saw the pumpkin label. Excellent work! These are really fun!

Way to go. My Friend has one in there too. I brew it he does the lables, Arcing Amber on page 37. It was funny, I sent him yours as a style I really liked.

congrats as well. I managed to squeak through with the Ponzi Steam label, but your's are better. I can't draw and just messed around a ton with a dollar bill on photoshop.

Thanks!

Just got my mag in the mail yesterday! All the labels in the mag are pretty darn sexy, the Grand Champion's is my fav for sure. The Arcing Amber and Ponzi Steam labels are awesome!

I did most of the labels in Photoshop Elements. I ended up reworking some of the elements a bit after downloading Inkscape (free, woot.). The "pumpkin" ale label was a scanned in ink drawing and then finished all in Photoshop Elements. And yeah, the labels are all printed out on printer sticker sheets.

I realize Im a bit late on this but I just found this thread. Labels are awesome!! Just thought I'd contribute my 2 cents.

Back