• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia Custom All Grain Brewing Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdias28

Reaction score
I'm getting married in the next year and trying to reduce the number of hobbies I have so I've decided to sell my rig. I pieced this together over about a year and all the equipment is like new. Instead of listing everything just shoot me a message if you're interested.

$2500 negotiable, Would prefer to sell everything as a set.

2 Boilermaker 10Gal Pots
2 March Pumps
1 Plate Chiller
Just bought all new hosing
Everything is connected with Tri Clamps almost $1000 just in connectors and clamps alone

beer.jpg

No to be "the guy" but the rules require you to list a price. Either as a whole or individually.
It's a shame that getting married will reduce your lifestyle!

No to be "the guy" but the rules require you to list a price. Either as a whole or individually.
I'm sorry, new to the forum, or forums in general. I've updated the post.

I'm sorry, I'm new to the forum, or forums in general. I've updated the post

Hey neighbor, it's a shame you're getting out of it. Also a shame that I've pieced together enough stuff that I can't even cherry-pick something off your rig that would help me.

You don't happen to have a conical, keezer or fermenting fridge lying around in that shed do you?

Good luck with the sale. Looks like a solid deal to me.

Hey neighbor, it's a shame you're getting out of it. Also a shame that I've pieced together enough stuff that I can't even cherry-pick something off your rig that would help me.

You don't happen to have a conical, keezer or fermenting fridge lying around in that shed do you?

Good luck with the sale. Looks like a solid deal to me.
That was my next step. I have a 7gal stainless steel conical fermenter, but no fridge fermentor. After I drink all the beer I have in the kegerator I will be selling my 4 tap kegerator.

Well let me know about that stuff when you're ready. I might be in the market depending on my budget and I'm all kinds of local to you.

If you decide to part it out (I can't do gas, nor do I have the room for that monster!) let me know, I'd be interested in 1 (maybe both) pumps, and almost certainly that mash tun. Your setup looks great btw. Did you just do direct fire on the MLT with recirculation? Or do you have a RIMS tube in all that hard piping? Can you explain how you did the TC on the pumps?

If you decide to part it out (I can't do gas, nor do I have the room for that monster!) let me know, I'd be interested in 1 (maybe both) pumps, and almost certainly that mash tun. Your setup looks great btw. Did you just do direct fire on the MLT with recirculation? Or do you have a RIMS tube in all that hard piping? Can you explain how you did the TC on the pumps?

I like the manual process of brewing, so there is a 10inch burner under each pot with a small valve to adjust the flame. During recirculation I turn the burner on for about 20 seconds every 10 mins, the Blichmann pots hold heat very well even in winter time. During the summer it's about every 20 mins. There is a valve coming going into the inlet on the right pump with two valves, one coming from the brew pot on the far right and the other from the t-valve of the mash tun. The other side of that T-valve goes to the boil kettle. So there is some opening and closing of valves as you change from reciruclation to using sparge water and then from the mash in to the boil kettle. If you'd like me to take a few more pictures of it, and draw it up so it makes more sense I'd be more then happy to. The other pump is simply used to transfer from the mash tun to the boil kettle.

Hope that makes some sense, I spent a while thinking up a way to not totally automate the whole process but make my brew day much more efficent. So there are some steps, and when friends come over to brew with me they look at me like I'm crazy with all the valves and hoses I'm using.

Your rig looks very interesting. I would like more details on how you manage the valves. Not in the market to buy but looking for ideas. If you don't mind posting more pics and diagraming the flow.

Thanks in advance,

-t

Your rig looks very interesting. I would like more details on how you manage the valves. Not in the market to buy but looking for ideas. If you don't mind posting more pics and diagraming the flow.

Thanks in advance,

-t
I don't leave it all assembled, so when I brew next weekend I'll be sure to post some more pictures

Can't believe with all that is invested in the hobby, it would be the one you gave up. You must really like the other hobbys.

Getting divorced with reduce your lifestyle too, trust me. GLWS

Back