What to do with dead space in keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizybrewer

Reaction score
So i just finished my collared keezer and noticed how much dead space there was in there. I have a 15 cf freezer i found on craigslist, and only have a 4 keg system, but do plan on using the ledge when I make a lager. Still, I have a bunch of room. I am particularly curious about utilizing the space above the kegs to store bottles. My initial idea is to build something out of wood similar to the metal basket that comes with the freezers. I have attached an sketch of what I was thinking. Sorry my artistic skills are weak. You'll notice a lip on the inside of the collar which would support the baskets. I was thinking the lip would running the entire length of the freezer that way I could slide the baskets around as I needed. I think I might also have to drill some holes in the baskets to let the cold air in there. This is just what I was thinking. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything on this subject.

Thanks!

New Image.jpg

Generally, anything you want kept cold is a great candidate. Commercial beers, perfect for lagering, extra groceries, etc. Works better if it's filled too - more thermal mass.

I use the dead space in my keezer to store hops, yeast, bottles, and pretty much anything I need to keep cold.

Back