Mr. Beer Goes Horribly Wrong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty funny..

"Yeah.. that tastes kind of awful...... I could get used to this..."

:mug:

E

Having just watched the two videos linked in this thread in their entirety, I can say I love this guy. He's down to earth, honest, funny, and would be a great guy to drink with. He's not trying to impress anybody with his videos, not trying to make a career off his videos, and not making himself look like a tool in his videos. Actually, I shouldn't be talking about you like you're not in the room, cuz you are. Keep up the good work Mike. I'm going to go watch some more of your videos. And if you're ever in NYC, I wanna drink with you. Let's swap homebrew some time too.

I nearly lost it at "I dry hopped with coconut..I dry-coconuted it". Funny

what would it take for me to get a bottle of your hot sauce? I want to start my own garden now. Your videos are my new obsession. I see gardening in my future.

he should start a gardening q&a thread because i have so many questions as I have always wanted to start a garden. do you know anything about the bhut jolokia pepper plant?

Off Topic

I grew two of them last summer. I was actually a little disappointed. They're really hot but they don't have a lot of meat on them and they don't really taste that good. I used them to spice up a habenero sauce I made.

Very slow growing, I sprouted them in-doors in February and didn't get peppers until July.

Off Topic

I grew two of them last summer. I was actually a little disappointed. They're really hot but they don't have a lot of meat on them and they don't really taste that good. I used them to spice up a habenero sauce I made.

Very slow growing, I sprouted them in-doors in February and didn't get peppers until July.

wow. I grew habaneros last year and they were delicious. maybe i'l stick to growing them. lol.

Probably one of the funniest videos on YouTube. I love bottoms up, it's awful, I could kinda get used to this, maybe I'll film myself throwing up later. Holy sh!@$t, I was crying towards the end.

he should start a gardening q&a thread because i have so many questions as I have always wanted to start a garden. do you know anything about the bhut jolokia pepper plant?

:off: Yeah, I started 10 Bhut plants this past year. I kept four for myself and gave six away to friends and coworkers. The two biggest plants are still alive and overwintering inside. They started indoors in january and took 207 days to make ripe fruit. Definitely worth the wait, hottest thing I've ever tasted.

:off: Yeah, I started 10 Bhut plants this past year. I kept four for myself and gave six away to friends and coworkers. The two biggest plants are still alive and overwintering inside. They started indoors in january and took 207 days to make ripe fruit. Definitely worth the wait, hottest thing I've ever tasted.

do you make like hot sauce with them?

Do you happen to sell this? I would be very interested :)

I've never exchanged sauce for money. I gave a lot of it away recently as holiday gifts but I still have a couple bottles left. I might be able to spare one.

Question of the day... Did you drink the rest of the batch??

Yeah I did, the whole two gallons of it, My fiancee helped. She actually thought it wasn't that bad. And honestly it wasn't so terrible, It just tasted absolutley nothing like beer. Sort of like parmesean breadstick flavored mead. After the first two pints I was completely used to the flavor.

Premnasbiaculeatus said:
Yeah I did, the whole two gallons of it, My fiancee helped. She actually thought it wasn't that bad. And honestly it wasn't so terrible, It just tasted absolutley nothing like beer. Sort of like parmesean breadstick flavored mead. After the first two pints I was completely used to the flavor.

Breadstick burps?

Speaking of fiancee, ya think you'll be going for the lifetime membership with her help?

I have to admit...the "bottoms up" line almost made me pee my pants after you took that tiny little sip only to followed up with that illogical barrage of how the beer not only sucks...but how you could get used to it. I love you dude. Definitely went on my Facebook page.

I have to admit...the "bottoms up" line almost made me pee my pants after you took that tiny little sip only to followed up with that illogical barrage of how the beer not only sucks...but how you could get used to it. I love you dude. Definitely went on my Facebook page.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the traffic.

Speaking of fiancee, ya think you'll be going for the lifetime membership with her help?
I can only hope.

I'm doing the same. Any hints on keeping them alive over the winter? Mine are currently in my garage where it stays about 62 but they don't get much sun.

I'm doing the same. Any hints on keeping them alive over the winter? Mine are currently in my garage where it stays about 62 but they don't get much sun.

Cut them down to less than one third of their original size and keep them under a full spectrum grow light. Fluorescent grow lights are ideal. If you have a window in your garage keeping them near it will help a lot. Water sparingly, and keep on the look out for aphids. Aphids love to show up in abundance on overwintering plants for some reason, even if you've never had a problem out doors. You should also expect that your plants will lose all of their large leaves and grow a lot of little dark green ones. This is normal, but if they curl you might have a problem (likely aphids). Make sure you have some bug spray on hand. And get some good fluoresent growlights from the hardware store to hang over them. They won't make it without adequate light.

i have a feeling this is gonna be me.. I haven't brewed anything yet, just doing research but i think i'm gonna start my first brew with a mr. beer kit just cause i can get one pretty cheap and still get the feel of home brewing before i go all out on buying anything.

Exactly how I started. Of course each upgrade improves your beer, 5 gallons, all-grain, etc., the Mr. Beer starter recipes are still better than Bud Light. Plus, you made it. Lol, not sure about vintage 1996 Mr. Beer after seeing this video.

I'll be looking forward to when you join both passions and post a hops gardening video.

Cut them down to less than one third of their original size and keep them under a full spectrum grow light. Fluorescent grow lights are ideal. If you have a window in your garage keeping them near it will help a lot. Water sparingly, and keep on the look out for aphids. Aphids love to show up in abundance on overwintering plants for some reason, even if you've never had a problem out doors. You should also expect that your plants will lose all of their large leaves and grow a lot of little dark green ones. This is normal, but if they curl you might have a problem (likely aphids). Make sure you have some bug spray on hand. And get some good fluoresent growlights from the hardware store to hang over them. They won't make it without adequate light.

Thanks for the tips. I've had aphid problems since I started growing these guys. I'll keep a lookout for them.

Nice review Mike, thanks for being kind.

My pleasure, thanks for the delicious brew. I killed all three bottles last night while I was watching the state of the union address. I must admit I'm feeling a touch hung over this morning. More ABV than I expected, that's a good thing. You Definitely did a great job on the ESB, but the Cider was amazing. Did you use a champagne yeast on it?

Do you have any aversion to posting the review on here?

Back