IC build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I bought all (almost all) the parts to build my IC. I have 3/8" OD x 50' coil, 3/8" ID x 10' tubing, 3/8" barb to female hose and clamps. The one thing I can't find it copper wire to hold the copper tubing apart. Where do I find that? I asked plumbing and they said electrical. I asked electrical and they said plumbing. Is it just copper ground wire?

Also, what's the best way to clean this for first time use?

copper ground wire or stainless steel "safety" wire will work. or just solder the individual ribs to the up-tube of the chiller :)

I brought the tube from the bottom on the inside of the coils and soldered each coil to it. On the far side I used a piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe that I soldered each coil to.

I need to do something along that lines too, right now I just keep separating them when needed. Mine is a little different, I made a 50 foot with a smaller coil inside the larger coil. I just added a return to my keggle that will whirlpool so should help with cooling but haven't tried it yet

Back