What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to make an extract pilsner as my second brew ever. Didn't do enough research. No oxygenation. No starter. Fermented at the right temperature though. However....it actually ends up tasting good. Doesn't look or taste like anything it was supposed to be, but its still a good beer.

yeah, i got that. same thing happens to me from time to time. but I was going for Big Trouble in Little China.:rockin:

Fiiiiine Ill try it next time I go out to eat with the fiancee.

At least if you don't like it, it won't run you a fortune. I'm not trying to sell it by any means and I really do wish it had more hop flavor and a decent aroma. Besides that though 12 bucks for a 12er not bad.

First bottle of my Shorts Brewing Bloody Beer clone, I love it! Pretty much spot on!

ForumRunner_20130213_201208.jpg

Nugget Nectar...

Better this year than all the years prior I can remember. More dank Tomahawk and piney Simcoe. Drier... Hoppier.

I'm not drinking right now but last night I had a dream I had a Blue Moon.

And as opposed to reality, it tasted AMAZING. It was the best wheat beer I had ever tasted. It was so delicious that I had a "I know this is a dream" moment inside my dream.

Last time I had Blue Moon was 8 years ago when a college friend said they were good... haven't had one since and probably never will.

Let the oversized graphic commence...
Blue-Moon-Beer-Embossed-Tin-Sign__99681.1332884694.1280.1280.gif

Nuke...where are you located. I see you posting a lot of beers I find in my area (like the CCB beers and Terrapin) but I have never seen that Ghandi-Bot you always drink.

Not bad, Im not huge on alot of Imperials this size @9.9%. Id say averageish/slightly more maybe, for being a bigger imperial ipa. Prety decent though.This one I have has aged some so alot of caramel/toffeeish sweet toast malt is coming through-kinda in a good way.Pretty carbonated as well. Not really my kinda ipa though. Gotta say I was visually reeled in,when I first got em.

HopBox.jpg

What's the hype on Sucks? I live in Wyoming and i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Get anything else you can find from Lagunitas,most likely you will like all of them. Personally Ive been wowed almost every style Ive tried from them-just my opinion though. Sucks is probably hit or miss as far as availability.That is if they even distribute to your area. They may not. I get them in another state which happens to be only 5 miles across the Mississippi river.

Had to run the liquor store to see what I could find. The beer buffet had one bottle of Lagunitas IPA. Unfortunately I have to chill it though.

Nuke...where are you located. I see you posting a lot of beers I find in my area (like the CCB beers and Terrapin) but I have never seen that Ghandi-Bot you always drink.

I live in Connecticut. CCB and Terrapin came from a trade with allenH who is down in Florida. Gandhi-bot is a locally brewed DIPA that I've never seen outside of Connecticut, but I saw on Beer Pulse that they just expanded their distribution to New York.

In my top 10 pumpkin ales. This color is not even close to it/ its way ambery-er. You probibubbibubbilily want to try this if you like pumpkin spiced ales.

st-ambroise-citrouille-pumpkin-ale-bottle-glass.jpg

My Dry Irish Stout that is nearly carbed and quite delicious albeit very dark and heavy in the roasted coffee department ( which is its purpose)

No more than any other etched bottom glass. But I kinda like the way they look, different from anything else I have.

That's my thing. I saw that as said to myself, any properly etched glass with a tapered top will do the same thing, and usually look better in the process. I don't like the way those glasses look, at all. I was curious if it actually made a noticeable difference to justify, but if not, I will not be buying one.

wyobrewer1 said:

I have a friend in Casper. I got a chance to visit a few years ago for his wedding, and then headed up to Yellowstone after that. That's some pretty country up there.

Back