dopplebock recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffg

Reaction score
has anyone tried brewing either the Salvator or Optimator recipes from Beer Captured?

They are pretty similar, with base malts of about 15 lbs. split between german two row pilsner and munich malt (8 degree) and pretty minimal additions of specialty grains (belgian aromatic in both, caramunich in one, choclate in the other).

Anyone have any reports--I am curious if they need tweaking.

Thanks.

Jeff

I just made a dopplebock on saturday. I used 14lbs of munich and 1lb of caramunich. Absolutley fabulous malt flavor( I drank the hydro sample). I used .5 oz perle, .5 oz tett, and .5 oz hallertauer at 60 min boil ( i think, i will have to go back and check notes on hop schedule, will post back if they were diff).

Should be a good beer if i can get it to start fermenting. pitched saturday at 3 and as of this morn before i left for work..........nothing. But it was rehydrated dry saflager (2 packages) lag time is about 48 hours.

Back