• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 Gallon Keg ball lock NEW AND IMPROVED THREAD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingdogwine

Reaction score
I have 2 3 Gallon Keg ball lock kegs for sale. The last thread went kind of crazy last time. I want these sold ASAP without a fight. When they are sold I will edit this post.

PM me 60 FOR ONE 110 FOR BOTH

I have 2 3 Gallon Keg ball lock kegs for sale. The last thread went kind of crazy last time. I want these sold ASAP without a fight. When they are sold I will edit this post.

PM me 60 FOR ONE 110 FOR BOTH

I just wanted to confirm with you that I've got one coming my way. Thanks!

Sent you a PM as well, SWMBO is gonna kill me but she's in Singapore right now so I think I've got some time to calm the waters :D

Well I got a pay pal request and didn't even think about the amount and before I knew it I had paid 160, instead of the 110. I have sent a PM and an e-mail, hoping the guy is a little busy.

Was I banned from the fourms? When i try to go to HBT from my home computer is says unable to connect, and i have been trying all day. But when I i go over to a freinds house it works fine.

doesn't look like it, I've been having problems connecting the last couple of days as well. I think it's the website. Did you send me or keg? I see I have a refund pending.

I'm pretty sure they are all gone. I sent him a pm asking if anymore were available last Thurs or Fri. He replied saying there were and told me to send $60 as a gift or $70 as a purchase. I sent $70 and a day later it was in queue to be refunded. I can only guess he refunded my money cause they had already been sold but I really do not know. I haven't heard from him yet.

No, there was a thread last week, a bunch of us sent money, then the thread got crapped on, so he refunded it all and looks like he started from scratch, only this time unfortunately I saw it later that a lot of others. My money is still on its way back to my account. I PMed him that I was still interested (last week after the refund and thread lock) and didn't hear anything until I saw this thread.

It's very odd. He texted me on Friday saying I'd be getting a tracking number soon. Haven't heard from him since but now my refund is pending so I really have no idea what has happened.

There are a lot of red flags here between the first thread and the second one. It looks like some people got their money refunded, but not sure if everything worked out as some people were on the list then got their money refunded. Then the question comes up if the kegs went to the people who asked for them first, or if anyone has even received their kegs.

Here is the other thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/3-gallon-keg-ball-lock-60-a-183502/

OP, no offense if you're legit. There are a bunch of red flags here. I'm not going to post on this thread again so no need to flip out. If you're legit, send the tracking numbers to buyers before even bothering to reply here.

And $60 gift vs $70 purchase? That's crap. according to http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm it'd require $62.10 at 2.9% for him to receive 60.

1. Kegs at under market price, free shipping
2. No picture of actual kegs, even though "money is no problem"
3. Asks buyers to send money "as gift"
4. When red flags are raised, flips the f out
5. Tells buyers to send far more extra than appropriate if they want to send money as "purchase" which affords protection
6. Poor communication with buyers

There's more but why continue typing?

I really hope the red flags aren't valid and that folks relieve their kegs.

Here we go again! You guys need to chill and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He has a valid Paypal account. Which means he has a valid address and bank account. Even if you paid via a gift and got screwed you can still call various gov't agencies and they can track him down. Stop speculating until a fraudulent act has been committed!

chill guys, it got refunded because someone already bought it.

Second, they got sent out yesterday.I will get the tracking numbers emailed TOMORROW as its a couple, and the paper is at home im at the hospital

Sorry guys, I had a 80 hour work week. Oh, and my wife gave birth to a beautiful little girl today. Im actually posting this while they are both in the hospital asleep :)

Well he refunded my 120.00 the first time for no reason mind you. Then he apologized and told me to resend which I did. I however didn't send it as a gift I sent 125.00 as a payment for goods which was merely intended to give me a little piece of mind and at the same time cover his interest. After going through the trouble of going to the bank and funding my account I get home and he once again has refunded my money and wont reply as to why he once again cancelled the transaction. It would appear to me he was insulted that I didn't blindly trust a total stranger on the other side of the country. I guess he doesn't realize that 120 dollars is quite a lot of money to some people. The refunded money I will eventually get back but I cant touch it for a few more days which is just a little bit aggravating. If he wanted more money to cover shipping I would have gladly obliged but to flat out cancel the transaction and not even have the common decency to reply as to why he did so. That is just plain rude. Good luck to all of you and I do hope that you get your kegs but I for one have had enough.

Well he refunded my 120.00 the first time for no reason mind you. Then he apologized and told me to resend which I did. I however didn't send it as a gift I sent 125.00 as a payment for goods which was merely intended to give me a little piece of mind and at the same time cover his interest. After going through the trouble of going to the bank and funding my account I get home and he once again has refunded my money and wont reply as to why he once again cancelled the transaction. It would appear to me he was insulted that I didn't blindly trust a total stranger on the other side of the country. I guess he doesn't realize that 120 dollars is quite a lot of money to some people. The refunded money I will eventually get back but I cant touch it for a few more days which is just a little bit aggravating. If he wanted more money to cover shipping I would have gladly obliged but to flat out cancel the transaction and not even have the common decency to reply as to why he did so. That is just plain rude. Good luck to all of you and I do hope that you get your kegs but I for one have had enough.

Couldn't have said it better..

Adventures in brewing have pinlock 3 gallon used and new for 50 and 70.. plus shipping.. I would just give up on this guy..

I'm very much of a newbie here, but in general I'm a skeptic, if anything sounds too good to be true, 9 times out of 10 it is... If you're the least bit worried about a deal like this, just wait a while and you might get lucky locally, or on eBay, Craigslist, etc... I did and I picked up 5 brand new ones on eBay for a good (great) price... No sense having a heart attack over something that should be fun.

I am not all that upset about this. It's just I got a pm from the OP saying he was on his way out the door to ups and if I sent him a paypal then the keg would be on it's way. I literaly sent him a paypal for 70 bucks within minutes. Only to come home from work later that night to find my money had been refunded. Did he forget how many kegs he had to sell? What is the deal here?

In case it helps anyone feel any better I was one of the original "buyers" from his first thread. I originally sent $60 as a regular payment which he then refunded. The refund was just completed today so that is good news. It took PayPal to full 5 days for it to clear, but I have gotten my money back from him.

The other half of the story is I later sent him a $60 "gift" after this refund. I haven't heard back from him yet as to whether a keg was shipped to me or if he's going to refund that gift, but considering I did get the original $60 back and since he could very likely be very busy with a newborn child and work as he stated, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. That's just me though...I am an extremely patient person (maybe to a fault at times).

I'm not saying I'm all that thrilled with the level of communication here but I did want to let anyone involved know that I did get the first payment back in full. Maybe that will calm some nerves for the moment...

I can't help not butting in and offering my .02

These threads literally read like a 'what not to get involved with on the internet' article. You all really need to ask yourself is a discounted keg really worth the effort/risk?

@Flyingdogwine- I hope you are legit and super congrats on the little one. However, please for your own sake and everyone else's, do a little research on internet sales and transactions. I hate to sounds snarky and to step into a mess, but this thing is out of hand.

There must have been 10 or more refunds, repayments, gift payments, refunded gifts, etc. going on. Anyone who would deal with you after all this is a idiot or really doesn't care about the $60, in which case they can send me some money and buy new kegs.

Transactions should go as follows: post item for sale, contact from potential buyer, post that transaction is in process, send/receive Paypal invoice or other payment request, recieve payment, send item. It really is that simple. What has happened between these two threads is complete Bedlam.

Good luck to all parties involved.

I sent money from the original thread which was never refunded so I am hoping that I receive a keg. If they were shipped yesterday then I should see it in a few days. I would love to have a tracking number though.

I paid for two kegs in the original thread and was later refunded and he requested the money as a gift through Paypal. The original refund cleared today. I never sent the money in the form as a gift. I felt skeptical about it, gave it a few hours and in those few hours the original thread blew up and mayhem ensued. I still would not send money in the form of a gift or any money for that matter. Too many red flags have gone up since I originally sent in my payment.

Thank you for the refund, paypal dispute closed....

All the paypal money refunded, got half the tracking numbers sent out, will get the other half sent tomorrow.

IF you wanted prompt service and quick response time, go buy them at a store.

And for everyone in this thread, Mr.T does not approve of all this Fagg0try and crying. Go have a beer and grow a pair.

1277854181309.jpg

-A Real Man

All the paypal money refunded, got half the tracking numbers sent out, will get the other half sent tomorrow.

IF you wanted prompt service and quick response time, go buy them at a store.

And for everyone in this thread, Mr.T does not approve of all this Fagg0try and crying. Go have a beer and grow a pair.

1277854181309.jpg

-A Real Man

Ha ha this guy is bipolar!

Ha Ha!! Is this mess still happening? It is like a slow motion train wreck happening!

This thread has once again degenerated to a point where it is no longer worthwhile.

If anyone has a legitimate complaint that cannot be resolved through PayPal, please contact a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back