Crazy cooling idea #826

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
So as I was driving home I saw someone put their water cooler/heater outside for the trash collector. I noticed it had the same coils as a fridge but clearly much smaller. Would that cool enough to make a small fermenter cabinet? Just wondering...

Yuri did something with a refrigerated keg cooler, some copper lines, and a conical. Here's the link DIY Chilled Conical/Keg Fermenter. Starts off as a jacketed glycol chilled fermenter but it evolved. Last I saw, he got a 24F differential on it, so you should be able to do something with it if it works.

The cooling unit is very small its only made to keep a couple of cups of water cool. While I don't think it would work as a fementation cooler it does work as a small 3 gallon keg cooler. My son took the guts out of one put the cooling unit in a chest cooler with cold water and placed a cold 3 gallon keg in it . Maintains 41° constant . Its been three weeks so far. I will post some pictures when he gets them to me of the build

Back