How Saturated Is Your Priming Solution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendelgee2

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I was reading someone else's (Revvy's? Can't remember) bottling process, and they said they boil their 3-5ozs of priming sugar in a pint of water. I use just enough water to get the sugar wet, but certainly not enough for it to all go into solution, and then I use the heat to create a supersaturated solution. Is the saturation level an issue at all? Is a more dilute solution more likely to spread the sugar evenly throughout the beer when you rack onto it??

No issue. It's slightly easier to mix a more dilute solution. Kind like mixing in LME.

No issue. It's slightly easier to mix a more dilute solution. Kind like mixing in LME.

Yeah...I just rack onto the solution, I never really mix it up. And if I know LME, that solution just clung to the bottom of the bucket. I'm thinking this is why my last three batches were 1/2 carbonated. I just made a more dilute mixture (1 pint), so we'll see if that helps.

Back