Any one use BoilerMaker pots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I generally do 5 gallon batches so I'm looking to downsize from my keggles (keep them around for 10 gal batches) to a couple 10 gallon pots.

Been looking at getting a new mash tun and Boil pot from Blichmann. I like their false bottom and filter options.

Can anyone give me any insight on these? are they worth spending the money on?

I have a 10 gallon that I use for my boils... three uses, and no complaints. It's a bit spendy, but nicely featured, and it looks nice sitting in my kitchen (stuck inside due to my current housing situation).

About my only "complaints" are minor... it's too tall for a "standard" sized immersion chiller (not a big deal), and the thermometer mount is a bit high.

If you do a search there are a couple really detailed review threads. I think Korndog did a lot of testing and reviewing in one of them.

Basically, the pots are reviewed as awesome with two drawbacks.

The 10g pot when used for 5g boils - the Thermometer is placed at ~5.4 gallons, so when you cool the probe is out of the wort.

The hop screen- this plugs when using pellet hops. With whole hops it works great as the hops filter the break material and themselves.

I don't have mine yet but this is my understanding from the other threads. I am still convinced they are the best option.

Back